• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PowerEdge 2950 with hp p410 raid controller

Nooblazor

n00b
Joined
Feb 23, 2014
Messages
1
So I have recently gotten my hands on a spare hp p410 raid controller which I would like to use in my PE 2950 since it only has a perc 5 which can't handle 3+TB drives as opposed to the p410.

So my thinking is, can I just take out the existing perc 5 controller and connect the p410 (I guess to an expansion slot?) then use two 8087 -> 8484 cables (again, if anyone can confirm that's the right cable that'd be nice) to connect to my 3.5"x6 backplane?
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong and can't do this.
 
Back
Top