• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Powered Sub

EvilViking

I Drank All Your Beer
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
1,391
Helping my friend find a powered sub for his Yamaha receiver home theater system. 5.1 system model rxv367bl. The sub he has doesn't hit as hard as he would like. He's a bass head. Something around the $100-150max range. Any ideas? I know jack about them. Thank you.



Edit. Think this is the wrong section. Used to computer audio needs...
 
Last edited:
Parts express has subs in that price range which seem to have high regard in this forum. I have no personal experience with them though.
 
I think people will most likely point you towards the Dayton SUB-100 HT, it's usually recommended on here. No experience with it myself but apparently damn good for the money.
 
I have the Sub-100 and it's very good.

The other one I really like in the price range is the BIC V1220. The BIC should actually perform a little better and has the plain old "Sub-In" input to make it simpler to hook up to a home theater system. If he can afford a little more, the BIC F12 is pretty awesome at $215. If he's really that much of a basshead... for home theater I'd go with one of the BIC 12 inchers.
 
+1 for BIC in this price range. I have the BIC V1020 currently in use in my PC's 2.1 setup, and it performs admirably in my small, (12x15), accoustically terrible living room.
 
Back
Top