nathancipher
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 12, 2008
- Messages
- 322
I am trying to decide if I want to go with active or passive monitors for an audio studio setup.
Are there any inherent advantages/disadvantages of powered v unpowered?
The deciding factors for me will come down to the cost:quality ratio.
I also already have a Crown D-45 1u amp I could power passive monitors with, used to power some Alesis monitors that I sold but no one wanted to pay what the amp is worth so i still have it.
Price range is around $300 since is this is a purely hobbyist studio setup and I will be paying to have material mastered properly anyway.
Are there any inherent advantages/disadvantages of powered v unpowered?
The deciding factors for me will come down to the cost:quality ratio.
I also already have a Crown D-45 1u amp I could power passive monitors with, used to power some Alesis monitors that I sold but no one wanted to pay what the amp is worth so i still have it.
Price range is around $300 since is this is a purely hobbyist studio setup and I will be paying to have material mastered properly anyway.