Powercom UPS

Anyone have any experence with this UPS?

http://www.powercom-ups.com/products/kingpro/KIN2200APRM.htm

Or any powercom brand UPS in general? I'm looking for power protection for a couple of office servers (Mail server, database server and network hardware). I don't need long runtime just something that will keep things up long enough to gracefully shutdown, and filter out spikes/sags/surges.

I origionally wanted an APC SU2200 but management balked at the price :mad: .

Note, these systems are running FreeBSD, and it looks like nut will monitor these UPSes.

IMHO your management needs to bite the bullett and buy apc. Most of the other brands, belkin, tripplite etc are decent but i would not reccomend putting them in an industrial/commercial enviorment. To tell you the abosolute truth, i have never seen anythign but APC in any of the datacenters Ive had to do work in (not counting the buidings that have their own backup systems makeign ups's unnessary).

Another thing, your REALLY do get what you pay for.. while that powecom you listed is rated to 2200VA, it puts out a simulated sine wave, while the APC smart ups line outputs True sine wave.

I totally agree. I'd love to get a nice APC unit. I've got two APC SmartUPS 1400's that I use to keep my network and fileserver and workstation at the home office humming through power toubles. Those APC UPSes have been running for almost 5 years now with no problems.

Unfortantally where a non-profit with a razor thin IT budget.

Back