• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Powercolor?

I've had nothing but trouble with powercolor. Newegg User reviews in the link seem to say the same. Do NOT recommend dealing with them.

Friends don't let friends buy powercolor.

It actually takes a lot for me to not recommend a company instead of just staying quiet, but powercolor is one of them
 
o_O I have two Powercolors and I have an issue with one of the GPUs and I sent it in for a RMA. Ended up being a faulty heatsink they replaced it and I had it back in a week and a half. I even messed up and gave them the wrong serial number originally, called it and updated it as I have two Powercolors for crossfire.

They do run a bit hotter though then some of the other brands like Sapphire, MSI or Gigabyte.
 
there must be some quality control deficiency somewhere at powercolor because the cooling design seems to be quite nice on their cards, they have heatsinks on the vrms and the fattest heatpipes i have ever seen on a video card, unfortunately the card temp is exactly the same as on my xfx card, which has tiny little heatpipes
 
I ran one a long time ago. A 4850. Never had any problem out of it and it overclocked like crazy. I'd buy another one of the price is right but they're not my favorite AMD card maker.
 
My recent RMA experience with Powercolor was not good. It took 32 days from when they received my card to when I received the replacement. They didn't fix my card they replaced it so I can only imagine my original card was forgotten for some time. I'll be steering clear of them for that reason.
 
I have two Powercolor 6950s with a similar cooling system that have been running great for over 3 years. I am considering this exact card as a replacement.
 
Back
Top