PowerColor RMA any issues?

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
Well as luck would have it I have to RMA my 390. I tried everything to troubleshoot the issue, but unfortunately nothing can be done, so's off to the RMA dept it goes.

Been getting random artifacts and black screens for a while. Figured it was heat/driver related. Card runs cool so it's not heat, and I've swapped out so many drivers I forgot to count. Not that either. Running bone stock.

So the question at hand is how's PowerColor's RMA service? Any issues I should be aware of? Do they take months to send replacement?

Called and spoke to an "Andrew" and got my RMA number. Going to ship out by Friday priority with DC/Tracking insured.

2 years ago they replaced my 290x with a good working card. You should be fine. Powercolor had a 2 week turnaround from the time I shipped it and received a new one. Not bad. They are not like Asus, that's for sure.

Good to know, thx. I've read some egg reviews that they had horrible tech support and horrible turnaround time. I can deal with 2-3 weeks without a card, but after that I won't be a happy camper, lol.

Just follow up a couple days after they receive the card. They answer the phones it seems.

Good to know, thx. I've read some egg reviews that they had horrible tech support and horrible turnaround time. I can deal with 2-3 weeks without a card, but after that I won't be a happy camper, lol.

Most NewEgg reviews seem to be written by people who have no business fucking around inside their computers, let alone writing about said experiences thereof in a public setting.

I had to RMA my 290 and got a 390 back instead, Super fast and one of the best RMA experiences I've ever had

I've dealt with PowerColor RMA a few times. They are quick and efficient. I'd definitely recommend them.

Thx again guys. Really good to know I have nothing to worry about dealing with PowerColor.

Last edited:
very encouraging testimonials. powercolors have been my go-to for reference radeons but i'll consider one of their aib cards next time.

Welp shipped the card out to RMA. Hopefully I won't be without a gaming rig for too long. I'll keep this thread updated:

Shipped to PowerColor : 9/19/16

Recieved by PowerColor: 9/21/16

Replaced by PowerColor: 10/8/16

Replaced with a Red Devil RX480

Case closed :cool:

Last edited:
Welp, got off the phone with Andrew this morning checking about my RMA. He said the card locked up several times while testing it right off the bat @ stock speeds. He said they'll be replacing it, but unsure if they'll replace it with another 390 or one of the 390X models of which they have 2 different models. They'll be checking their stock pile to see.

He said I'll get an email with what replacement card they'll be sending along with tracking info. I told him it's no fun not being able to game so he's trying his best to fast forward the RMA process. Looks promising! :D

For Radeons I had 100% success with PowerColor cards with no issues, 4 cards. I swear they have a clean room or something boxing the cards since there will be zero dust, hair, marks on a new card.

I'm glad to hear everything is going well with the RMA. I recently bought some PowerColor cards for the first time and wasn't sure what to expect from their support (if I ever need it.) I'm happy to hear that people have had good experiences with them.

Best of luck with your new card OP.

Man the suspense is killin' me! I don't want to be one of those pain in the ass people nagging them every other day for an update. They might get pissed off and send me a crap card as a replacement, lol.

PowerColor's RMA dept emailed me today stating they shipped out the replacement. Checked on their site and the replacement is another 390. Looks like no free upgrade for me :unsure: At least I got a replacement, just hope I get it by this weekend.

I'll keep this updated-

Welp looks like the AMD Gods blessed me. I sent in a 390 and got back a 480 Devil :D Tho PowerColor is a tad slow with the process, they did right by me!

Attachments

• Devil RX480.jpg
    Devil RX480.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 50
Well if I get a Vega it will probably be a PowerColor - Nothing but great results with them.

Back