Powercolor Myst 7870XT Refurb $135 AR

Fooshnik

2[H]4U
Link. They're $180 new with a $30 rebate, so if you can't float that this is about as fast as you're going to get for $135.

Edit: Ignore the title it's not AR.

Ugh... Im tempted to get one just to hold me off for a while until new card pricing goes down. The one I had overclocked like mad. After updating the firmware on the card it performed almost as good as my voltage locked non-overclockable Gigabyte 7970.

Makes me wish I still had my 7870 Myst. I've been looking to SLI my 680, but it's going to cost me 2.5x this much money. Definitely [H]ot. You can't possibly get more bang for your buck right now.

Warranty is 90 days but I figured that is better than purchasing used off ebay or hardforum. Bought one to pair with my other Powercolor myst in crossfire. They can get loud and hot though.

Last edited:
While they *can* get loud/hot, I have not experienced either with my card. I can hear the card ramp up just a little during play but not enough to be annoying and if you have headphones on (I don't normally) it's certainly no biggie. (unless it annoys the others in house LOL)

Very tempting..i would like to pick one up for crossfire.hmm crossfire is pretty good now with the new frame pacing drivers right?

Last edited:
It's better. It's best to crossfire if you have a three-slot gap for the card, they'll get hot sandwiched together.

I get 12,600 with my Myst Crossfire vs 14,000 with 7950 xfire. Plays everything high-ultra at 1600p.

I'm tempted to get this, how does it compare to the 7950?

At this point only Crysis 3 and Metro 2033 can use more than 2GB of RAM and that is only in high res triple monitor situations. Skyrim can use more but requires significant mods.

Of course, in two years it may make a difference around 1080p or 1400p, but you can just turn down a few settings and have no easily noticeable effects unless someone enjoys comparing screen shots over and over again to see the differences in a few places.

Newegg is also selling the 7870 myst on ebay at the same price, in case someone has a load of ebay bucks to get rid of.

Got mine this afternoon. Looks like there's a sticker missing (box outline with VOID written in it) and the plate around the connectors was at a rather extreme angle, but all seems to be good otherwise. I'm kind of shocked at how fast super saver shipping got here. When I would use it in Southern California (where this shipped from too) it would take them a week...

Makes me wish I still had my 7870 Myst. I've been looking to SLI my 680, but it's going to cost me 2.5x this much money. Definitely [H]ot. You can't possibly get more bang for your buck right now.

I gotta tell ya, two of these cards perform real nice. I have mine running at 1200Mhz at the Core, and they give my GTX670-SLI(at stock) a run for their money. If I didn't already have them, I'd be down for two....it's Titan-crushing power for $270!!!

Hmm might buy two of these...what's the lowest PSU you need to run this? Is 650 watts enough?

650 watt is ok
They can get hot and loud. Make sure you have the correct bios revision or the clocks will jump around at load. I think 028 and 032 are ok.
Mine are great. :-D

I got about 12,800 3DMark 11 with my xfire Mysts, at about 1175mhz. I get 14,000 with two 7950 at about the same clock. A Titan on the same system as mine gets 11,700. So good price at $270 for two. Might be able to get $20 off if any of those 10% off codes still work.

Do you have any benches for your 7870xt cfx? I can't find any online.

When these first came out, I did a good bit of research on them, but decided to stay away since they can't use a standard GPU block..That being said, from a gaming perspective, these are kick ass cards..If you clock them @ 1.1Ghz core, they should be on a par/10% faster then a pair of 7950's @ their default boost clock of 950Mhz..

At this price, these cards have stolen the price/performance crown without a doubt..They are fully enabled 7950 dies with just 1 memory controller cut off, and will wipe the floor with a 650TI Boost/660 when a slight clock increase..I wish they supported full covered GPU blocks 10X as much now!:(

If you were to crossfire these cards, how real is microstutter?

When these first came out, I did a good bit of research on them, but decided to stay away since they can't use a standard GPU block..That being said, from a gaming perspective, these are kick ass cards..If you clock them @ 1.1Ghz core, they should be on a par/10% faster then a pair of 7950's @ their default boost clock of 950Mhz..

At this price, these cards have stolen the price/performance crown without a doubt..They are fully enabled 7950 dies with just 1 memory controller cut off, and will wipe the floor with a 650TI Boost/660 when a slight clock increase..I wish they supported full covered GPU blocks 10X as much now!:(

7950 has 1792 SPs, 7870 XT has 1536.
Both at 1100Mhz core and stock mem speed is,
7950 3.94 TFLOPS, 240GBps, 112TUs, 32 ROPs
7870XT 3.37 TFLOPS, 192GBps, 96TUs, 32 ROPs

With 7950s being $180 or less now, they still offer nice bang for the buck, especially for higher res. Should average about 15% faster then the 7870XT with both at 1100Mhz core.

I believe you can buy two of these and use the $25 off $250 code from newegg. I haven't tried it because I just don't have the money for it. $245 AC for 2 of these is a sweet deal and would provide performance similar to a card costing twice as much. People are loving the 7990 for $499 deal which is good but I think this is much better better for us budget gamers.

If you were to crossfire these cards, how real is microstutter?

I don't see it on my HD 7xxx cards, but I;m using the latest Beta Drivers, I don't see a big difference between my 7930's(@1200Mhz) and GTX670s(@Stock). That being said, crossfire is still broken on the 6xxx cards.

My myst arrived. Bios version 30. My other myst from the spring came with bios 31 which would drop clocks to 500mhz occasionally while gaming so I put on bios 32.

This bios 30 myst that I received is stable at 925mhz but doesn't want to go higher even with powertune at +20 and overclocked. This is both in game and benchmarks. I am thinking of putting bios 32 on as well.

7950 has 1792 SPs, 7870 XT has 1536.
Both at 1100Mhz core and stock mem speed is,
7950 3.94 TFLOPS, 240GBps, 112TUs, 32 ROPs
7870XT 3.37 TFLOPS, 192GBps, 96TUs, 32 ROPs

With 7950s being $180 or less now, they still offer nice bang for the buck, especially for higher res. Should average about 15% faster then the 7870XT with both at 1100Mhz core.

The ~10% faster/shader count being equal was a typo on my part, but my point about them equaling a 7950 with a 1.1Ghz clock speed stands..I have a friend that has a pair of them, and a single card (1.1Ghz) performs just as well as my 7950 (950mhz boost)..

The ~10% faster/shader count being equal was a typo on my part, but my point about them equaling a 7950 with a 1.1Ghz clock speed stands..I have a friend that has a pair of them, and a single card (1.1Ghz) performs just as well as my 7950 (950mhz boost)..

Comparing one card overclocked to one that's not never makes any sense as you can always overclock the second the card as well. Every 7950 I had would do at least 1150, and most were 1200-1250.

Comparing one card overclocked to one that's not never makes any sense as you can always overclock the second the card as well. Every 7950 I had would do at least 1150, and most were 1200-1250.

Cecil, why are you trying to argue with me? I simply offered a comparsion so people who aren't in the know about Tahiti LE have an idea how this card will perform vs a 7950..I never said it was a better value/buy then a 7950..If they are the same price, the 7950 is the better buy..But for the money, you cannot beat this performance..Again, my point is @ 1.1Ghz, you have slightly better then 7950 Boost PERFORMANCE For under $140..That is simply INSANE!

At this point only Crysis 3 and Metro 2033 can use more than 2GB of RAM and that is only in high res triple monitor situations. Skyrim can use more but requires significant mods.

Of course, in two years it may make a difference around 1080p or 1400p, but you can just turn down a few settings and have no easily noticeable effects unless someone enjoys comparing screen shots over and over again to see the differences in a few places.

Several upcoming games now list 3GB VRAM under their "recommended" specs though.

And I suspect VRAM usage is set to see a spike as next gen consoles with 5GB of game available RAM, hit, and thus ports based on them.

Back