• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Powercolor give away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieter3dnow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
6,784
Supposedly it is for the RX 480

PowerColor Official Website - Graphics, Multimedia Cards, Motherboards, Cases, Power Supply


from Powercolor teases new Radeon RX 480 Devil graphics card

Coming in week of July 11th
Powercolor has announced a new competition which is also a teaser for the new Devil series graphics card, the Radeon RX 480 Devil.
It is obvious that Powercolor can't disclose any details about the new Devil RX 480, and even does not mention it anywhere, we are quite sure that this will be one of the highest clocked RX 480 on the market and will probably feature a high-end cooling solution. Powercolor has decided that the best way to promote its new Devil series graphics card is to hold a giveaway for it.
 
I entered - I'm more curious to see what clock speed it runs. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, a 480x2 would be neat to see.
 
  • Like
Reactions: N4CR
like this
There's no "supposedly." It's in the damn URL.

Had a Powercolor 6950 2GB back in the day, worked flawlessly. Been glad to see these guys step up and serve the enthusiast community -- Sapphire is a joke these days (always has been?) and AMD really needs a solid OEM; Powercolor is poised to be just that.

Wish them all the best. Show this 980Ti setup what value for money is! (Sadly don't see it happening, but hopeful.)

I entered - I'm more curious to see what clock speed it runs. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, a 480x2 would be neat to see.

It's unlikely. There've been single GPU "Devil" cards in the past. Later on? Probably.
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing you've never heard of the Sapphire Tri-X OC 290X then. It was probably tied with the MSI Lightning as the best R9 290X you could buy.

...and probably broke like it was its job. Just like every other Sapphire product.
 
I entered - I'm more curious to see what clock speed it runs. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, a 480x2 would be neat to see.

As stupid as dual cards are from a reliability and power and cooling POV, I've always had a fucking geek hardon for them... nearly bought the devil13 dual 390. A dual 480 with nearly the same TDP as a single 390x, would be wicked in a compact package. Hope they water cool it though, but they shouldn't need to.

I'd wager it'd make for the best bang for buck 4k capable single card out.
 
I have two Sapphire cards current and never any issues and have been running well over a year plus.
 
...and probably broke like it was its job. Just like every other Sapphire product.

I've been using only Sapphire in my main rig the last 5 years (2x6970s, 2x280s, 2xFurys) and haven't had one issue, in fact my Furys might be my favorite out of the bunch, I can't even tell they are under load with how quiet they are.
 
I've never had an issue with Sapphire.

(On topic, yes, I entered for one. What's wrong with free stuff? :) )
 
Last edited:
Their Devil cards look amazing. As personal experience, the PCS+ models were very good cards, never had problems.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top