PowerColor Devil 13 HD 7990

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The gang at Overclockers Club posted a review of the PowerColor Devil 13 HD 7990 dual GPU video card this morning. Here's a quote from the overclocking portion of the review:

In essence this card was no harder to overclock than a single HD7970. The maximum stable speeds I could attain on this sample were 1137MHz on the core or 23% higher than the factory set 925MHz base profile and almost 14% higher than the 1000MHz Boost profile. Overclocking the 1500MHz rated memory that is clocked at 1375MHz from PowercColor yielded a decent 200MHz boost to 1575MHz or a close to 15% boost. Overclocking does deliver solid improvements across the board in each of the tests run.
 
Respectable card, even in nvidia titles it holds up very well and equals or mops up the rest of the games, doubt they'll need to lower the price on this limited edition card.
 
I love how powercolor is thinking outside the box on this one. But $999??? Cmmmon...
 
Is it even possible to fit 2 onto 1 board? They have a kickstand no?
 
I just got two of them. I'll let you guys know how they perform when I get em.
 
I think I just saw an eBay listing for one of those from someone on this forum for $1200+ yesterday...looks like his quick profit scheme just got undercut.
 
Only 1 per customer? :(

Is Newegg doing the U.S. market a favor by allowing a customer to only have one for $1000?

It's Xfire or nothing baby.

Technically it would be quadfire. Also it's a limited manufactured item AFAIK, 500 made or so?
 
its not bad price.

its 7970x2. You can buy 7970 buy themselves now for 390-450$ Considering its two of them... not bad.

Then the GTX 690 is priced at 1000$ as well. 999$ is a fair price for that beast of a card considering its a limited edition and all, and what it comes with.

Don't have 999$? well wait 5 years and pick one up used for 100$.
 
Back
Top