Powercolor AX7970

CousinVin

Limp Gawd
Has anyone tried out this car yet? It's the cheapest on newegg right now.

And i am wondering about the warranty? on their site it says that all cards have a 2 year warranty, but newegg gives you the option to spend an extra $60 for the "extended 2 year." Is that for a warranty through newegg?

The Power Color cards are almost always a few bucks cheaper then the rest.

As for the warranty, no idea.

as long as it works like a 7970 should. and the warranty isn't shit, I will probably go with that. For the price, why not?

I tried them out. I bought 2 for my new build (with great reluctance). I don't buy stuff because of the brand, but for some reason, I always tried to avoid powercolor. Everything was fine...until I loaded the drivers. BSOD with ALL of the drivers I found available. It most definately wasn't any other component. I did fresh installs with 3 of the drivers (SSD to SSD)...ALL BSOD! :( I'm a sad panda right about now. I'm crossing my fingers hoping the GTX 680 comes out soon as I have a 3690x 16GB DDR3 2200; and a 256GB sammy SSD just sitting collecting dust until I can decide what to do atm. :(

I've never had a problem with Powercolor; their cards have always worked fine for me. You may also want to check other stores if you want a different brand- superbiz, mwave, etc...

I have it. I also had several AX6950's. One of my 6950's died and I had to send it in. A little bit slow (took like 2 weeks) but I got a perfectly good card back, no problems whatsoever. (And hey the one I send in didnt unlock but the one I got back did, sweet!)

The powercolor cards have always come with lots of accessories (i remember this from back when I worked at a computer store in the Radeon 9700 era, they had lots of stuff in the box then too, nice cables, etc)

Overall I love my powercolor cards. I plan on getting another 7970 eventually and will go with another one of these.

Plus mine overclocks pretty well too, I haven't had time to mess with voltages and stuff but it easily maxes out ATI Overdrive.

I haven't found Powercolor cards to be lacking compared to the competitors, but they're cheaper. Win win!

Back