Powercolor 7950 in SG05 PICS

qwksi1

Gawd
My v1.0 PSU is out for RMA but I took these pics to show the SFF community that you can get this HD7950 in there with no dremeling. This is the Powercolor HD7950. The scratches were there before. The plastic part of the video card shroud does hit the front but it fits.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Last edited:
so is it a real tight fit? seems like there are little scratch marks on it
but other than that... it is a winner to me!

Sorry forgot to complete my original post. The scratches are there from before, and the plastic shroud does fit. It took trial and error but I put the card in sideways with the back in position and then swung the front in across the fan hole while pulling out on the front part of the case to avoid contact with the filter mounting until it was in place.

It's interesting how you managed to fit a 275mm card in without modding, when people had to mod the case to fit a 267mm GTX580. Just wondering, why did people have to mod to fit GTX580's.

PowerColor PCS+ HD7950
275x128x38mm

EVGA GeForce GTX 580
10.5in - 266.7mm

And here's a link to a person who managed to shoehorn a GTX580 into a SG05 and how he needed to mod the case.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18337391

IMG_0849.jpg

Great! same or better than the GTX 580 @ 100W less powerconsumtion got tho love the die shrink, its gonna be some good times for us m-ITX guys :D

It's interesting how you managed to fit a 275mm card in without modding, when people had to mod the case to fit a 267mm GTX580. Just wondering, why did people have to mod to fit GTX580's.

Good question, i bet someone over at Powercolor did some strange measurements

Ive found the measurements of alot of cards to be not accurate by the manufacturer. Thats why I put these pictures up so there is no doubt that this particular model fits. My 1.0 PSU chirped badly with a GTX 570, so the later revisions must be way better to run that GTX 580.

Back