• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Powercolor 5850?

mario64

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
74
I've been stock watching for a few days now trying to catch a 5850, particularly XFX, in stock. Finally today I found one at NCIXUS.com for $251 but it's Powercolor. The price seemed good and the site has good seller ratings so I placed an order.

I searched the forum and found a few threads that mention Powercolor as being pretty good. Question is, how'd I do? Are their cards basically reference cards with a 2 year warranty? Is their service and support good?

Thanks,
mario64
 
Last edited:
PowerColor is good, it's always good as long as it's using reference board design.
 
I had a Powercolor once (a reference design 9800Pro) and I had no issues with them.

The main difference between all brands will be the warranty and their customer support. All reference design cards basically rolls off the same productions lines, only the sticker distinguishes one from another.
 
Well, I for one will NOT be doing business with NCIX or NCIXUS again. They charged my CC two days ago but still haven't shipped the card. I called to question it and was told "we haven't had 5850's in stock for some time". He blamed the in-stock status on their web site on a computer error.

Supposedly they will be refunding my CC today but we'll see. Buyer beware for sure on this place. Can't believe they have such good seller ratings...
 
The problem is that their website will say in stock when it isn't. You have to manually check stock and I recall the Powercolor said 0 across the board whereas the Visiontek was still available with 8 left yesterday which declined to 3 within an hour. When it's down to 1-2, you've got to call in and confirm stock is there in case it's reserved.
 
Yeah I just got screwed out of one. They showed instock Monday night, but then I call today to find out what's going on and it's out of stock. So I just cancelled my order.
 
Back
Top