PowerCase 500w + GTX295 = ?

Riven

n00b
I have recently upgraded the GPUs in my main gaming rig and would like to ditch my old GTX 295 to a buddy. After a bit of scrambling around we have found that his PSU is a PowerCase 500w PPH512TUV. I have had a tough time tracking down specifications for this power supply. Is anyone able to tell me what power connectors I will need to link the two?

Thanks.

For a GTX 295, a 500W PSU of questionable origin. I would say buy a new PSU...I am not sure I would try to run a GTX 295 on a known quality 500W PSU.

I know that the PSU may not service the GTX 295 - but the first port of call is to see if the two devices can connect (the joy of the "free" upgrade for my buddy, yes?) and actually try it out. Anyone have access to the specs?

Thanks.

Is anyone able to tell me what power connectors I will need to link the two?
The GTX 295 requires two 8Pin or 6+2Pin PCI-E power connectors in order to run. That PSU does not have PCI-E power connectors according to the limited specs shown on the website for that PSU.

So you'll need molex to 8Pin or 6+2Pin PCI-E adapters.
. Anyone have access to the specs?
Well you do. Your friend already has that PSU. Why not just remove the PSU and actually look at the PSU label on the side? Take a pic of it, upload it to the net, and post it here for future reference.
but the first port of call is to see if the two devices can connect and actually try it out. .
And fry the card in the process though.

I have to agree with HOOfan_1 though: I wouldn't try the GTX 295 with a good 500W PSU let alone a crappy generic quality 500W PSU/

Is anyone able to tell me what power connectors I will need to link the two?
Well, first you're gonna need a garbage can to put the old PSU in, and then you're gonna need to buy a new PSU that's actually decent and capable of powering that card. Then you'll have the connectors you need to hook it up.

Thanks all. The swiftness of advice is much appreciated. Everything I would expect of such a mature community.

Thanks again.

GTX 295 + Generic 500 watt PSU = EXTREME FIRE HAZARD

Seriously, as the others have said, get a new PSU. Apparently Tigerdirect has an XFX 650 watt for $55 after rebates, and it should do fine with the 295.

Back