Powerbook Woes :(

Bennyb

2[H]4U
Ok so Mac Gurus... lend me a hand here.

I was in the middle of downloading a 13 gigabyte file on my laptop through bittorrent (Azureus is the client i use), and it was being saved directly to my firewire drive (something i never do).

I was being very careful about stopping the download before i un-mounted and un-plugged the drive. Then finally I messed up, and opened azureus when the drive wasn't plugged in. It failed at checking the file, and I turned the drive on, tried to force re-check the file. Immediately the "Your start-up disk is almost full" message pops up. I look, and i only have like 1 gig free on my drive, where there used to be almost 9 gigs free (80 gig drive). So after doing the usual garbage empty, and restart, still the space hadn't come back.

I tried verifying the disk, but it fails when i run disk utility. I need to repair the volume it says, but I can't find the osx disc 1... any help here?

Azureus stores its temp data on the drive it's installed on by default, there's a way to change it, but ultimately, that was a deciding factor in my switching to Transmission full time. Check the Azureus wiki, the details for changing it are in there somewhere.

Azureus stores its temp data on the drive it's installed on by default, there's a way to change it, but ultimately, that was a deciding factor in my switching to Transmission full time. Check the Azureus wiki, the details for changing it are in there somewhere.

Right, but my probllem is that I cannot find any file... it's just space being taken up by nothing...

Thanks, that worked...

Found 9 gigs of stuff stuck in an impossible to get to folder... Go figure.

Back