Jun 12, 2005 #1 A azuro n00b Joined Dec 14, 2002 Messages 62 I'm think of purchasing a powerbook G4. But I heard that there's a heat issue with it. Anyone had any problem with powerbook?
I'm think of purchasing a powerbook G4. But I heard that there's a heat issue with it. Anyone had any problem with powerbook?
Jun 13, 2005 #2 J James Crivellone Pimp.NET Joined Nov 8, 2000 Messages 19,237 Never had any heat issues with my 12 inch Ibook or Powerbook
Jun 13, 2005 #3 T Twinson Limp Gawd Joined Mar 9, 2004 Messages 169 It runs hot. But, any notebook really does. I just drove to Atlantic City with my wife, who, for eight hours (with the help of a power inverter) watched movies on mine nearly the whole time. It gets hot, but you cant cook an egg on it.
It runs hot. But, any notebook really does. I just drove to Atlantic City with my wife, who, for eight hours (with the help of a power inverter) watched movies on mine nearly the whole time. It gets hot, but you cant cook an egg on it.
Jun 13, 2005 #4 B bahula03 Gawd Joined Sep 25, 2002 Messages 926 yes, they get warm (only "hot" when it's doing things like folding), but sitting on my desk almost 24/7, it hasn't done any damage, nor do I expect it
yes, they get warm (only "hot" when it's doing things like folding), but sitting on my desk almost 24/7, it hasn't done any damage, nor do I expect it
Jun 13, 2005 #5 M maverick72 Weaksauce Joined Dec 10, 2004 Messages 83 Same thing here ... pb17'' doesn't get any hotter than another laptop. Sitting on my desk I alway put a cd cover in the back just to lift it a little so it creates a small space to let the heat flow. I've been doing the same with my old IBM t40.
Same thing here ... pb17'' doesn't get any hotter than another laptop. Sitting on my desk I alway put a cd cover in the back just to lift it a little so it creates a small space to let the heat flow. I've been doing the same with my old IBM t40.