• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

power to vid or cpu

x y u

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2000
Messages
294
So i just got my new computer up and running. Everything going good so far until i boot to windows. My nvidia 6800GT says its not getting enough power, i know the reason. I dont have the PSU hooked up to it. It has a 2x3 connector that goes into the PCIe Card. Well my ghetto powersupply uses that 2x3 connection + a converter to make it 2x2 and then plugs into my ATX (neo4 SLI) mobo which I believe gives extra power to the CPU.

Now my computer still runs fine, but i'm sure its not healthy giving my GPU enough power to run. Is there any way around this, short of buying a new PSU obviously. My current one is a 500w and should have the power , but just doesnt have the 2x 2x3 connectors that i need :(

Any suggestions other than the obvious? I've checked all my local computer hardware stores and none sell a 500w PSU which is what i'm really looking for. I don't have time to order a new one online as I'm moving to taiwan TOMORROW :eek: (feb 20th) I could get one in taiwan but i risk getting an offbrand chinese product. Stupid PSU why does it use that dumb converter and takes away my PCIe power.
 
Back
Top