Power surge (?), posting code 2b

Intel_Inside

Limp Gawd
I was playing a nice game of BF2 when the power went out. It went out, then back on, then out, then on again. I waited until the power stopped going on and off, then turned my computer back on, only to find nothing showing on the screen. My AW8-MAX is posting is 2b, which means 'Invoke Video BIOS', which I don't know exactly what it is or how to do it. I took my 7800GTX out, and reseated it, same problem. God I hope it's not my $500 videocard, I have a NV 5 on it, which voided the warranty!!! :( :mad: Please help me!

Could really be anything, including a PSU, motherboard, etc. I'd try a spare PSU if you have one first, and then a spare video card, etc. Any one of the critical elements in a PC can cause problems elsewhere.

And now its definatly time to invest into a UPS, I won't hook any of my PC's up anymore without one.

Try a new power supply from a local shop since it gives power to all of the components. Remove all of the components except power, cpu (and HSF) and RAM (use onboard video if possible) before you try a new power supply and if that doesn't fix the problem, it might be the motherboard that went bad.

First I'm going to try my 7800GTX in a friend's computer, if that doesn't work then I'm going to try his power supply, if that doesn't work, RMA time for motherboard.

Everything runs just like it did before, although, it seems like Windows takes about 10+ seconds longer to load. Not a big deal, it doesn't bother me. :D

Back