• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

power suppply question

Well, if memory serves me correctly, one of the silenx/ahanix brands (which seem to dispute who makes what in lawsuits all the time) is Fortron OEM'd. Don't totally remember which, however. I know Ice Czar has a good chunk about ahanix vs silenx and who makes what.
 
I was looking at the same psu. I was searching around and I saw that the SilenX PSUs from silenX.com are FSP. I also read in a silent pc article that Ahanix is the parent company of exoticpc from which the founder of SilenX.com came from. I might be misunderstanding all of this but I just want to know who the manufacturer of that PSU is.

"The fan visible behind the wire grill is labeled Ahanix, which happens to be the parent company of ExoticPC."
That came from a silentpcreviews.com review of the SilenX psu found at both exoticpc and silenX.com. The same article was referenced here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=772312&page=2&pp=20&highlight=silenx

So, what's the truth? IS the ahanix psu also fsp?
 
:confused:I really don't know on this one. My searching brought up this post It appears that both the ahanix and silentx PSUs are fortron source OEM. So, they're solid units
 
I'm going to get the Ahanix SilenX 400w on newegg. The price is lower than the fortron even though it appears that fortron manufacturers them. I'll examine once I get it.

Ahanix has a link to the article that says it's fortron.

The article
http://www.silentpcreview.com/modul...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=81&page=1

Ahanix PSU website... scroll to the bottom for the link (under reviews)
http://www.ahanix.com/psu.html

The PSU in question
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-149-003&depa=0

There's another Ahanix SilenX PSU on the site that's 400w, but it says value edition and I don't want to know why it is the "value" edition (different OEM maybe).

Maybe I should just pay the extra $5 for the fortron.
 
Back
Top