Power supply suggestion?

Vicpop

n00b
Buying parts for a new rig soon, had a power supply chosen (Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W) but I realized that was definitely overkill for what I'm going for. I'm currently running two 8800 Ultras (dumb choice, I know), a QX6800 (another dumb choice), and 4GB of RAM off of solely 700W, so I figured anything 1000W or above is probably unnecessary, but I'm not sure.

The current specs for the new rig follow:

I'd like to have a decent ability to upgrade for the future 2 years-- if something like a 1000W power supply is what I'd want, that would be helpful to know.
and i realize you guys get a lot of these threads, so sorry if it's annoying

A 700W would probably power all of that with room left over, can't just continue using your current one? Or it's going out the door with your current system?

That BFG ES-800 had some pretty fine specs and efficiency if I recall from the H's review.

Going out the door, but that's good to know, and thanks for the speedy response.

If you prefer modular power supplies, look no further than the Corsair HX620.

If you don't necessarily need modular at it's price premium, I'd suggest the following 3, all of which are quality PSUs:

1. Corsair 850TX (bit of headroom for possible future upgrades)
2. Corsair 750TX (closer to your needs)
3. PC Power & Cooling 750W

*In no particular order.

I have the corsair 850tx and it's worked for great. A bit overkill for what I have (all in sig) but it has a lot of room for upgrades and at the time it was on sale (cheaper than 750tx).

Back