• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power Supply Question

Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
31
ok maybe I am having a brain fart here but what is the theory behind having a top fan on a power supply? Unless you cut a hole on top of the case you really dont have anywhere for it to vent to. Also any examples (i.e. Pics) of this in action would be appreciated.
 
There are a lot of cases that have a few inches above the PS.

I would imagine it would be fine in those.
 
I've never seen a power supply with a top fan; do you know of a certain brand, or picture of one?
 
Remember, in the images, most of them are upside down to show the extra fan. So just becuase the fan is on top in the pics, doesn't mean it'll be on top when you install it.
 
I don't think there are any power supplies with fans on the top.

although I've often thought that it would be better for cooling to have a powersupply flipped upside down and a hole cut in the top of the case. just so that it would get fresh air from the outside world not heated air from your case.
 
Back
Top