• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power supply question

Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
24
I have an older system with 350 watt PSU. I've wiped the drive clean so only about 25 processes ever run. i.e. I'm only gaming when the comp is on. I play daoc mostly and dual log with no problem.

My current vid card is a 6800 GS model and it does well enough. I've wanted to get a better vid card but most of them require a higher PSU 400-450 usually. I really don't have the cash to spend $250 on a vid card and another $120 on PSU. I've noticed this card... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133186 for $150 which only requires 350 watts so I'm wondering if I should go for it. Or if I stll need to get a higher PSU as performance may suffer? I'd rather not spend the extra cash if possible and only want the higher PSU as a necessity.

Any thoughts? thx.
 
It's not a matter of performance suffering -- it's a matter of whether or not your card will work correctly, although I don't know what PSU you have, you should check how many amps it has on the 12V rail.
 
Back
Top