I've got a frustrating problem here. I put together a new system, 2600k, cheap Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 mobo, Radeon HD 6870, 4x4 GB of RAM, 1TB drive and 64GB SSD, reused Corsair 620w PSU. Right off the bat, my wireless NIC was getting about 15% packet loss pinging google.com. I know my network is fine - sometimes my NIC would just disappear upon boot.
So, I bought a new wireless NIC (PCI) and I'm still getting the ping loss, intermittent loss of NIC. EasyTune6 is telling me the 12v is at 11.828, which shouldn't be a problem. I'm prime95 stable 24 hours, yet my NIC keeps acting up. Could this be a power problem? Or, do I have a flaky mobo. I haven't tried moving the NIC to a different PCI slot. Really don't feel like buying another PSU after I already dumped some money for another NIC.
So, I bought a new wireless NIC (PCI) and I'm still getting the ping loss, intermittent loss of NIC. EasyTune6 is telling me the 12v is at 11.828, which shouldn't be a problem. I'm prime95 stable 24 hours, yet my NIC keeps acting up. Could this be a power problem? Or, do I have a flaky mobo. I haven't tried moving the NIC to a different PCI slot. Really don't feel like buying another PSU after I already dumped some money for another NIC.