Flogger23m
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2009
- Messages
- 16,945
Hello.
I know someone who has a Packard Bell sl-65 laptop. When she was using it, it suddenly shut down. When she started it up, while it was loading into Vista, it shut down again.
No BSODs, no odd sounds, no beeping motherboards, nothing unusual aside from the sudden shutdowns. The battery was placed in properly.
The 2nd time she restarted it, it loaded normally.
The battery was charged, and it was plugged into the wall for power.
Considering there was no other issues (BSOD, error message upon Vista loading), I don't think it is a driver issue. And since there is no beeping, I am guessing all parts are plugged in and working. So I am assuming it can be a PSU issue?
Laptop specs:
EASYNOTE SL 65M017 Packard Bell
Vista Pack 2 32 bits
Core 2 Duo P7350
Memory : 3Go
Video card : ATI Mobility Radeon HD3430
HD : 250Go
Sound Drivers: ATI HDMI Audio / Realtek High Definition Audio
Here are the temperatures at idle (it turned off when at idle/similar temps):
Temps do not look like they would kill a laptop... at least I think so.
So, aside from a faulty PSU, anyone have any ideas what it might be?
I know someone who has a Packard Bell sl-65 laptop. When she was using it, it suddenly shut down. When she started it up, while it was loading into Vista, it shut down again.
No BSODs, no odd sounds, no beeping motherboards, nothing unusual aside from the sudden shutdowns. The battery was placed in properly.
The 2nd time she restarted it, it loaded normally.
The battery was charged, and it was plugged into the wall for power.
Considering there was no other issues (BSOD, error message upon Vista loading), I don't think it is a driver issue. And since there is no beeping, I am guessing all parts are plugged in and working. So I am assuming it can be a PSU issue?
Laptop specs:
EASYNOTE SL 65M017 Packard Bell
Vista Pack 2 32 bits
Core 2 Duo P7350
Memory : 3Go
Video card : ATI Mobility Radeon HD3430
HD : 250Go
Sound Drivers: ATI HDMI Audio / Realtek High Definition Audio
Here are the temperatures at idle (it turned off when at idle/similar temps):
Temps do not look like they would kill a laptop... at least I think so.
So, aside from a faulty PSU, anyone have any ideas what it might be?