I'm a total noob on this but my power supply has been making funky sounds lately and I thought I'd just go and replace it. I kind of skimped a lil when I first purchased my machine anyway.
Is it reasonable to want to stay under 100 USD or will I just be doing this all over again next year?
I'm also planning on upping my video card in the very near future too. Here is what I have:
AMD x2 3800 AM2 CPU (might up this too)
250GB SATA II 3.GB 7200RPM 8MB
Power Supply 420W (Fan actually says 450W)
Gigabite AM2 NF4-SLI M55SLI-S4
EFGA GF 7600GT 256MG PCI-E
GEIL 512MB DDR2 PC6400 Memory (x2) (I know I want to double this soon too)
That's the barebones of the system. How do I know what type of PS to put in? I don't want to screw my system up by going it alone... please help!
Is it reasonable to want to stay under 100 USD or will I just be doing this all over again next year?
I'm also planning on upping my video card in the very near future too. Here is what I have:
AMD x2 3800 AM2 CPU (might up this too)
250GB SATA II 3.GB 7200RPM 8MB
Power Supply 420W (Fan actually says 450W)
Gigabite AM2 NF4-SLI M55SLI-S4
EFGA GF 7600GT 256MG PCI-E
GEIL 512MB DDR2 PC6400 Memory (x2) (I know I want to double this soon too)
That's the barebones of the system. How do I know what type of PS to put in? I don't want to screw my system up by going it alone... please help!