• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Supply Fan Replacement, questions

std

n00b
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Messages
3
Due to the heat that is making in my country the power supply fan is noisy, there is not a technical failure, sound like air, but still annoying, I have no choice, change psu fan or psu supply.

Current fan specifications are:

Brand: ADDA
Model: AD1212UB-A70GL
Dimensions: 120x120x25 MM
Voltage: DC 12V
Current: 0.50A
Power: 6.0W
Speed​​: 2500 RPM
Air Flow: 98.6 CFM
Noise: 43.3 dBA
Bearing: Ball
Termination: 2-Wire Leads


Now my questions are these:

1) Should I buy a fan with PWM?, in order to the power supply continue doing the speed control?
2) If I buy a fan with 2-pin connector, I can just disconnect the old fan, and plug-in the new one, or should splice and solder anyway with the old connector?
3) And the most important, the current fan is 2500RPM, if I put another fan whose speed is 1500RPM for example, the power supply would force him to go beyond that?


PD: sorry for my bad english.
 
I've also heard the protective shroud causes a lot of noise for the air flowing through it. Some have removed this with good results but, then you have to be careful not to hit your fan.
 
What kind of PSU?

The PSU is a NZXT Hale82-M 750w, I read other topics about the issue of noise (loud), its not just me, is a great psu but is a bad fan.

I've also heard the protective shroud causes a lot of noise for the air flowing through it. Some have removed this with good results but, then you have to be careful not to hit your fan.

I have the psu at the bottom, so takes air from outside the case, I have no carpet or even filter or something which block the fan.

The problem is the fan, so I want to change it.
 
Back
Top