• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power supply failing?

Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
9
Hi, this is my first time building a computer. I plugged everything in, and it turns on for literally about .5 sec, I can see the LED's of the fans go on then it goes right off. When I click the power button again, nothing happens. Then, I unplug the wire from my PSU in the back, change the volt to 220 then back to 110, and plug the power cord back in, and it does the same thing. And I have to keep switching it from 220 to 110. I live in America\VA btw...so it should be on 110 right? Thanks..
 
Yesa
110 V in the good old USA
STOP MESSING AROUND
Unplug the PC
Go BACK and CHECK EVERY THING
Including the Manual
Take your time
 
Tough to say
But look
at the risk of Teeing of some
It ain't rocket science
Take you time
check that the MB isn't shorting out somewhere
Check
check
check
O
Changing to 220
and and back doesn't do anythig to reset
Just let it sit and it 'll reset

And remember
Electrical stuff runs on smoke
when the smoke comes out
it's broke
gotta put new smoke in to get it to work !
 
well, i took out the wire from my psu to the mobo for the PSU fan [its a 4pin, the mobo has 3 only..] but the PSU fan is still running? is that fine?

and i rewired, apparantley i missed a wire and now it boots.
 
Back
Top