Power supply connector question

first, the current isn't "connector" those are "current lines" or "Current Rails" typically so in that PSU the 12V rail its rated to a MAX 32A. that mean if, and only if the PSU its made of great quality will be able to deliver those fully 32A through the different PSU connectors with Yellow Wires (SATA, Molex, ATX, PCI etc..) thats if the PSU its able to deliver their full rated current.. if the PSU have the respective protections as the OPP(over power protection) OLP(Over Load Protection) and OCP (over current protection) at the moment it reach 32A or more for a couple of seconds it will shut down immediately to avoid damage.. same could happen with the Overload protection or overpower protection both can just shut down the PSU to avoid damage if those protections are available.. if those protections aren't present then the PSU will just blow off.. a "Typical"(cheap) PSU may even blow way before reach their rated Power and does not have most Protections..

Thanks, I see some say "Over Voltage & Over Power Protection; keeps your PSU and components safe" now.

So when it says "+12V 1 32A", that is a rail and several connectors share that rail and 32A correct?

Depends on the PSU. Some have multiple 12V rails and some just have a single (although I think there are far more single rails than 5 years ago when I paid more attention).

Back