power supply causing bsod

High_Boost

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
86
I wanted a modular ps to clean up my wiring so a freind gave me a brand new seasonic x750 that he bought for a build that never happened..
I installed it yesterday and now before windows loads I get a bsod

Ive never heard of a ps causing a bsod.. I dont imagine there is anything I could have done wrong, but I thought id ask before I try and rma this thing to seasonic (even though it hadnt been opened its a year old so I cant return it to newegg)

thanks

p.s. - all the case fans and everything fire up, so it seems like its working, but that is the only change I made, so it has to be it?
 
I'd first reseat everything before I RMA'd the PSU. I'd also check with a voltmeter before I RMA'd.
 
are you sure it is the power? Have you used a voltage meter to test the amps on each rail?
 
Back
Top