• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power supply advice

woel

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
33
Hi!

I'm going to buy a new PSU for my computer. I searched this forums to get some clues about what to get. Initially I was aiming for an antec truepower 2 480W since it seemed quiet and powerful. After reading some posts on this forum about some problems with asus and antec I got a bit confused.

I have an Asus A8N-E and I want a new quiet and powerful psu. Can anyone give me a good tip. I don't want the most expensive. The truepower 2 480W or something in the same price range.

Thankyou!

/L
 
you should be fine, the problems seems to lie with the antec HE's , AFAIK there isnt a problem with the truepower 2.0
 
Yeah. You're good. I use a lot of A8N's in all of their flavors and have never had a PSU issue with any Antec or any other brand power supply... other than the HE.
 
Thankyou for the quick reply. Then I will get one as soon as I have the money. :)

Btw, how much can I trust the voltage monitor in the asus utility? I get 11.7V with my current psu. That seem a bit low.

/L
 
You can't really trust any of the monitors... They should only be used as a vague point of reference.
 
woel said:
Thankyou for the quick reply. Then I will get one as soon as I have the money. :)

Btw, how much can I trust the voltage monitor in the asus utility? I get 11.7V with my current psu. That seem a bit low.

/L
The Antec TruePower & TP II lines have no problems that I'm aware of, they are very good PSU's.

You must use a DVM/DMM to measure voltages, BIOS/software are just about useless.

Good Luck,
Dave ;)
 
Back
Top