• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Shell and AD assistance

Shambler

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
6,419
I'd like to get some help with using powershell to get some info from AD

Specifically:
Machine Name, OS, and not in one specific OU.

I've messed around with DS query, get-adobject etc etc, but run into a bit of an issue. Our environment has around 25-30k objects and the script either takes forever or it fails.

Additional info: I'd like to get this info once or twice a month. I'll then take it and compare it to what SCCM and another management tool has for object counts.

Ideas/Thoughts on a faster query or better way to do this?
 
It could take a few minutes, but you should be able to achieve this with powershell rather easily. Assuming the AD powershell applets are installed:

Code:
Get-ADComputer -filter * -Properties OperatingSystem | select OperatingSystem,Name | out-file computers.txt
 
Back
Top