• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power requirements....

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
6,903
I can not find a PSU calculator that will give me the info I need. I've got an Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe, 4400+, 4x512m memory and a DVD/RW that I need to power. No hard drive, no video card, no keyboard mouse or monitor, just the parts listed above. This machine will be folding headless using the *nix folding cd.... and all I've got right now is a 250w PSU.

Question is, will that be enough?

Thanks for any thoughts....

 
I have a similar folding machine and it draws 135W (it does have a harddrive and an x300 video card though so mine should be highr than yours by ~10w). A 250W supply will be fine
 
I can not find a PSU calculator that will give me the info I need. I've got an Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe, 4400+, 4x512m memory and a DVD/RW that I need to power. No hard drive, no video card, no keyboard mouse or monitor, just the parts listed above. This machine will be folding headless using the *nix folding cd.... and all I've got right now is a 250w PSU.

Question is, will that be enough?

Thanks for any thoughts....


Depends on the 250w power supply.
 
I've got it running right now and it's been stable for a whopping hour so far;)

I have no idea what brand model it is... I had used it for about a year in one of my work machines... a Dell 4600, and it was fine...

Time will tell.....
 
Back
Top