• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Power problem

Syco

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
125
Ok, so my computer died last week. My computer would no longer post, and I traced the problem down to my power supply. So i went ahead and replaced my Antec 480w Neopower w/ an Antec 500w Smartpower. The computer worked perfectly fine for a couple hours, including a couple reboots. Today when I tried to start the computer and now I'm getting the exact same problem.

The original computer specs were as follows:
DFI Lanparty Nforce3, AMD 3000+ Newcastle 754, X800pro AGP, 1gb 3200 ram, Raptor 74gb, DVD burner, couple fans, and water pump.

When I replaced the power supply, I also replaced the motherboard w/ an ECS nforce4 and a 7800gtx. The power supplies still supply power, all the fans, water pump, hard drive and dvd drive all power up, but the computer just won't post. I'm sure if I buy another p/s it will work, but for how long? I'm assuming something is shorting them out. Both times, I had the power supplies plugged into a surge protector.
 
Back
Top