Power Outage Murdered My Monitor - 2560x1440 Replacement Wanted

Had a bad storm last night, power went out multiple times in a very short period.

One of (possibly two) my ASUS VW266H monitors isn't going to be with us much longer. It still works but you can tell it's dying. Picture is really f'd up, after a few moments it seems to normalize and will work until the next time you shut it off.

So I need to replace one of my monitors (all I can afford at the moment)

Since I'm currently at 1920x1200 there is no way I am going back to 1080p, just not going to happen. I'm in the market for a cheap (Hello Korea!) 2560x1440 panel.

My first though was to check here, http://www.ipsledmonitors.com

What is the difference between Yamakasi, Achieva, Qnix, X-Star and Crossover?? Would it be better to get Glossy or Matte? I'd prefer to stay under $400, $450 top end. Is it worth getting a warranty for $60?

I plan to use this as my main monitor, which will mostly be used for my work (so yay screenspace!) and gaming second.

Another requirement is that the monitor be VESA mount (100x100) compatible as I plan to put it on my current monitor stand.

I'll also be taking suggestions for a good Uninterruptible Power Supply to keep the rig in my sig running for long enough to power it down properly.

Back