Power Monitoring & Consumption

dashpuppy

Supreme [H]ardness
How are all you guys out there that have rack's and lots of server / computers at home monitoring things ? Times are getting sticky with power consumptions and things hogging power, "AND" power companies pushing the price of power higher.

Currently my rack is pulling 340watts. I'm planning on moving my P4 LGA775 MSA device to Either a Intel I3, or a DC atom.

BUT looking at how much things are consuming, i saw this neat thing today.

http://www.mtpinc.com/Products.htm?ID=618

MTP-3100_3.jpg

Allows you to monitor 2 devices with external prob's. It's also wireless.

Thoughts ?

Im just using a cheap Kill-a-watt personally, I have my rack down to about 400 watts, which is much lower now that I dont have the big HP esx box with scsi drives running. Works well, doesnt need to be fancy.

Im just using a cheap Kill-a-watt personally, I have my rack down to about 400 watts, which is much lower now that I dont have the big HP esx box with scsi drives running. Works well, doesnt need to be fancy.

Yeah, that's what i'm running. Maybe im just looking at a fancier device :)

What I need is a temperature probe of some sort, if u have any ideas. I like what u posted up there it looks nice. im afraid of the price tag

I bet that costs!

I use a killowatt for power and a jacarta interceptor for my temps. I got the interseptor off ebay for about $90, it has a full java based web interface but i use Cacti to pull the data

graph_36_1.png

graph_37_1.png

I'm using a kill-a-watt and an APC environmental monitoring system w/ a temp/humidity sensor. Prior to the kill-a-watt I was using an APC rackmount UPS w/ a network controller i could poll via SNMP for load.

Back