Power Magic By Xcase

Viet15philong

Bad Trader
I ordered a Power Magic by Xcase 550w ATX power with single case fan. Is this a good power supply?? Any Help with be appreciated!!

yusoweird,
I also have a Power Magic by Xcase ATX power supply ( not in use yet ). What is wrong with these power supplys? And why would you not recomend them?

I have the Enlight 420W that was recommended....spot-on rails, quiet as hell, and all I can say for $42 is "cha-ching!"

It's hard to say without opening up the power supply, or at least knowing who really manufactures them. It might be a great power supply, but it might be a crappy one like so many other generic power supplies.

I only paid $11.00 with free shipping for a 400 W Power Magic with duel fans. Seems like a good deal to me. They also had a 550 W for $19.00.

Well I hope that you don't find "magic fireworks" inside your power supply, as I would expect from a power supply of that price.

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know if there are any "Magic Fireworks".

For future reference who makes good not too expensive power supplies? Top Three.
Thanks again.

Ya I would be a bit worried about buying a 550W PSU for 19.00 with free shipping, lol. Thats like some1 saying.. ok 9800pro for $35 free shipping!!!

But if it works out great, gg ... I stick by the phrase .. "You get what you pay for..."

i don't get it, u ordered it already but want to know if it's good or not?

u kinda went backwards on that didn't ya ? ;)

Originally posted by theNoid
Ya I would be a bit worried about buying a 550W PSU for 19.00 with free shipping, lol. Thats like some1 saying.. ok 9800pro for $35 free shipping!!!

But if it works out great, gg ... I stick by the phrase .. "You get what you pay for..."

Generally the generic 550W PSU's are good 250/300w performers. Fry's had a deal on a 450w EasyPC power supply for $9. Seems nice, until you check out the rails :)

15-somthing - 3.3v
25-somthing - 5v
10 -12v

10? Gah :)

I wouldn't buy such a cheap powersupply because it could fry all of your componets. Plus there are always those horror stories where the power supply shoots flames out the back. Basically don't save money on a power supply, You probably should get a resonably good 400w one from antec or enermax.

Originally posted by Reichelent
For future reference who makes good not too expensive power supplies? Top Three.
1. Fortron/Sparkle/SPI/FSP/Zalman (the electronics are all made by Fortron)
2. Antec (TruePower, TrueBlue, or TrueControl series)
3. Enermax

Originally posted by Spidey329
Generally the generic 550W PSU's are good 250/300w performers. Fry's had a deal on a 450w EasyPC power supply for $9. Seems nice, until you check out the rails :)

15-somthing - 3.3v
25-somthing - 5v
10 -12v

10? Gah :)

exactly... Most people really dont need more then 420W.. I have a 500W but thats because it came with my case.

Back