Power LED on the 3007

280Z28

n00b
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
58
Is there a way to dim it (other than electrical tape)? It's pretty distracting during movies in a dark room.
 
DusanV said:
LOL, for a sec I was scared you might actually do it...

If I did, I bet rubbing alcohol would take it back off without any side effects to the panel at all.
 
280Z28 said:
If I did, I bet rubbing alcohol would take it back off without any side effects to the panel at all.

aside from solvent etching on the plastic of the display and possibly permanent discoloration of the led..

i'd just stick a small piece of electrical tape over it if it won't dim
 
m0unds said:
aside from solvent etching on the plastic of the display and possibly permanent discoloration of the led..

i'd just stick a small piece of electrical tape over it if it won't dim

I bet it doesn't do a thing to the plastic. I'll try it on the back of my 2007 ;)
 
Eagle156 said:
Open the monitor case and take the LED out of there.

I've got a little 15" where the power LED burned out. That is far more irritating than a bright LED.
 
You could always solder a resister between the LED and the monitor.

Of course, this is probably more risky than the black marker idea. :D
 
chiablo said:
You could always solder a resister between the LED and the monitor.

Of course, this is probably more risky than the black marker idea. :D

I do have a Hakko 936 temp controlled iron, microelectronics tip, and about 40 different values of resistors here in my bedroom. :eek: Supernerd FTW!
 
Back
Top