Power Converter

Pixeleet

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a Panasonic PV-GS250 and I need a power converter for using it on 220V circuits (international). I couldn't find any info on Panasonic's site about such an accessory. Can someone shed some light on where can I find an adapter, and would I be better off buying a black box rather than a specfic adapter?

www.radioshack.com
search "foreign adapter"

should yield a number of items similar to this

this is the only one that showed as being available online, but a number of the other ones were in stock at my local stores

You might not need a converter. I have the Panasonic PV-GS200 and I used it in Ireland. Its AC adapter is built for both US 110V and Foreign 220V power. It automatically adjusted to foreign power. You don't need a transformer. Check the label on the back. Most US consumer electronics use auto-sensing power adapters.

BUT, you will need the little plug that changes the prongs! I just plugged in my US cord into this adapter and then directly into the wall in the UK and Ireland.

Check the back of your Panasonic adapter. You might just need a simple little plug.

panasonic.jpg

plugs.jpg

Yes, check your plug/ac adapter first, it'll probably be a universal one.

And where are you headed to? Those plug converter things are pretty expensive here, and are probably much cheaper in other countries, so it might be a better idea to buy those in the host country.

When I was in Hong Kong, the converter plugs were being sold for $0.80 US, which was about 8x cheaper than buying one here.

Back