• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Power Concern over Shuttle SB61G2V3

SSTwinrova

n00b
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
29
I'm building my first two computers ever this summer (one desktop geared heavily towards gaming and a SFF computer that will be decent for LAN gaming but much easier to transport), so I've been having to take into consideration a whole lot more than I'm used to. I'm looking at a Shuttle SB61G2V3 for my case, but since it only comes with a 250W PSU, I'm slightly concerned that the rest of my parts are a little too much for it to handle. I'm looking at:

  • Sony DVD/CD-RW Drive
  • eVGA GeForce 6600GT AGP
  • Hitachi 200GB Hard Drive

I know the specs on the video card say 300W, so that's my main concern. I've read about people using 6600GTs in this case fine, but I'd just like a little reassurance that I should be within the power constraints of this system before I make any purchases (or start looking at new cases if I'm not). If it matters, I plan on dropping in a P4 2.8 and 2 512MB sticks of RAM. Thanks for the feedback.
 
You will be fine. Take a look at the first system in my sig, all of that is on a 240W SilentX power supply.
 
The 250watt Silent X will power that no problem, they are very high quality PSU's. A lower wattage but higher quality PSU will beat a higher wattage,lower quality PSU any day of the week.
 
Back
Top