Potential Hacker. I need some help

I clicked on my facebook and when the page opened it said the username was [email protected] . Noone has been on this computer. I think someone is hacking me. I have avg 8.0 free edition

Could be a cookie/javascript based hack, not necessarily a single individual doing it to you.

I would download something like CCleaner and remove all of your TempFiles/cache files. Then logon to facebook and change your passwords.

sounds more like one of your friends logged on it when you werent looking

i doubt hackers would take the time to hack a computer to check facebook...

noone has been on the computer. my dad doesnt use facebook. ive run a virus scan but it didnt find anything.

Are you running a software or hardware based firewall at all?

Based on that e-mail address it's safe to say the person's first name is Jeet. You don't know anyone by that name?

Based on that e-mail address it's safe to say the person's first name is Jeet. You don't know anyone by that name?

WTF are you serious?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do

Jeet Kune Do (Chinese: 截拳道 Cantonese: Jitkyùndou Pinyin: Jiéquándào, lit. "Way of the Intercepting Fist"), also Jeet Kun Do or JKD, is a martial arts system and philosophy developed by martial artist and actor Bruce Lee.[1]

In 2004, the Bruce Lee Foundation decided to use the name Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (振藩截拳道) to refer to the martial arts system that Lee founded. "Jun Fan" was Lee's Chinese given name, so the literal translation is "Bruce Lee's Way of the Intercepting Fist."

I clicked on my facebook and when the page opened it said the username was [email protected] . Noone has been on this computer. I think someone is hacking me. I have avg 8.0 free edition

Install a firewall that will block everything, so you have a list programs that want to access internet. The one that you don't recognize and can't find any information on web will be the trojan horse.

Install a firewall that will block everything, so you have a list programs that want to access internet. The one that you don't recognize and can't find any information on web will be the trojan horse.

Solid suggestion.

It is possible it isn't a problem with your PC but someone managed to circumvent your password on facebook itself and not from your computer.

Wow. Just... wow. Literally I am shaking my head at the stupidity of this statement/question.

Quite possibly the most epic suggestion in this forum, evar.

Sigworthy.

no i dont think thats his name. I have a OEM XP cd KEY but i have no install disc. I need to reformat. How do I get that CD

Quite possibly the most epic suggestion in this forum, evar.

Sigworthy.

Was this additional comment necessary? This is exactly why I only registered on this forum recently. To comment on my response one time is understandable but at this point I feel we're at 3rd grade recess.

Was your additional comment on my comment necessary? It was a brilliantly stupid suggestion on your part and I was mocking it for my own enjoyment.

Anywho, tylherhskate, there are certain means of obtaining a Windows XP CD that I'm not allowed to mention here. I would highly recommend you find some friends who have copies and use that to reinstall with your key, if you feel that a reformat is necessary.

I appreciate the advice. Im not sure why dell didnt ship the windows cd, but i do know that all the versions that are downloadable are hacked and not legit.

It looks to me like your facebook account was hacked into, not your Windows.
If you havent noticed anything else strange on your PC, its most likely nothing to do with it.

I appreciate the advice. Im not sure why dell didnt ship the windows cd, but i do know that all the versions that are downloadable are hacked and not legit.

There was a time when Dell was charging extra for the Windows CD's and once you bought the system it was too late to ever get a copy. I dont know if that was just certain systems (or just the one I bought :D). They do put a recovery partition on the HDD, you can reinstall from that if/when you need to.

But as has been already said, it doesn't sound like an OS problem.

2.png

Back