• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Potential disaster with 6800u

TehQuick

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
3,738
Oh crap - I was leak-testing my setup and unplugged everything... except the 6800u. :eek: PSU was running a few hours, powering just the pump, one fan and 6800ultra. The mobo was unplugged, so AGP port was unpowered. Does anyone know if hooking up 6800 to power without turning on the comp will lead to any adverse consequences? :confused:

Thanks for any info
 
CEREAL_KILLER said:
i wouldnt think it would be a problem.
I would agree with that. I'm pretty sure there isn't any juice flowing until the vid card opens those channels.
 
just to point this out.. was the setup already inside the case? like the mobo, cpu, gpu, etc? coulda been another disaster if you leaked huh? atleast thats the way it sounded. but in other words your card should be perfectly fine. give it a try.
 
Yeah, system is fully assembled. Luckily, no leaks, I was just changing water, and running it just in case - I did have to reseal it. Thanks for the feedback gents :cool:
 
Back
Top