Postponing installation after downloading Windows 10

jaygatsby9

Weaksauce
I made a "reservation" for Windows 10, and I assume it will download in a few days. However, I don't want to install it until kinks get worked out, etc. Will it automatically install via Windows Update or just download? Or if it's automatic, do you suggest I cancel the reservation?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. I'm at work now, but suppose I go home and it's already been downloaded. Is there a way to stop it from installing?

Thanks. I'm at work now, but suppose I go home and it's already been downloaded. Is there a way to stop it from installing?
Uninstall KB 3035583 and go into the C:\ drive and delete the hidden Windows folder. Rerun Windows Update to verify the Windows 10 crap is gone, then right click and hide the patch you removed so it does not reinstall.

Once you are ready to upgrade (sometime within the next year) run the Windows 10 media tool and choose to update the PC. You won't have to go through the reservation process.

If you run the bat and the vbs it will remove the windows 10 notification and associated updates for it then hide the updates so they are not accidentally reinstalled.

Alternatively you can run the bat then manually hide the updates in windows update.

Back