Posting Guidelines - LAN Parties Gaming Subforum

Tytalus

Supreme [H]ardness
Could we get a sticky/announcement in the LAN Parties subforum stating what is expected of a LAN party post? All too often I see "ZYX Lan Party rulz come today" in the subject, which tells me NOTHING about where it is or what date(s) it is on.

Some quickie guidelines that could be used:

1. Subject lines must contain the name of the event, the date(s) of the event (not times) and the city/state where the event is to be held.
  2. In the body, there must be clear identification for the following items:
    • An E-Mail contact
    • The specific location (i.e. building name and address) of the event
    • Cost (if any)
    • LAN event website
With this information it'd make the LAN Party subforum a MUCH more organized place, and would make my browsing experience all that much more enjoyable! Thanks!

Being that that particuliar forum usually lists only 5-6 events and about half of those events are stickied by date, I think that it isn't that important since reading all of them only takes a minute or two. If the list was extensive, it would make sense to better catagorize them in a more detailed fashion, but as it stands now, it would be like using a cannon to hunt for rabbits. :)

Being that that particuliar forum usually lists only 5-6 events and about half of those events are stickied by date, I think that it isn't that important since reading all of them only takes a minute or two. If the list was extensive, it would make sense to better catagorize them in a more detailed fashion, but as it stands now, it would be like using a cannon to hunt for rabbits. :)

Eh, I like organization--my recommendation still stands. :) I think if people see a more structured format there might be additional posts in there, but I could be more optimistic than most. :)

Back