posting from my new e71 :D

FadedSpark

Supreme [H]ardness
just abusing my new data plan. This is a fantastic device. KeyBoard is stellar.

Woot.

Just trying to find some fun and useful apps for it though. Any good sites? I'm looking around but I haven't had much experience with finding S60 apps. Everything I've used before was on an N95-1.

Love the phone and its awesomeness, but it needs more for free stuff, is there the equvialnet of the apple app store for nokia products?

Try WorldMate - the demo has full functionality for clock, currency, weather and world map. Sports Tracker is great, JoikuSpot works but the free version doesn't support VPN, and of course Google Maps which I find much better than Nokia Maps.

Gizmo and/or Fring as chat clients (I like the latter) and VoIP chat.
Opera mini for browsing
Gmail client for er..gmail.
Worldmate free version is okay for some basic stuff.

is it really worth it to grab a new browser? I'm having no problems with the default one *shrugs*

Well, I find Opera easier to use, and I am not sure, but I *think* that it loads webpages faster than the S60 browser. I also like the 'mobile view' feature that eliminates sideways scrolling on webpages.

But all said and done, the built in S60 browser is good enough to be the only browser you need.

As an N95-8GB user, I can never decide if I should have bought an E71 instead. I really like the 5MP camera on the N95 and I use it pretty regularly, which also makes me think I should have bought an N82 instead.

Every time I debate this in my head, I come to the conclusion that I made the right choice, but just barely.

As an N95-8GB user, I can never decide if I should have bought an E71 instead. I really like the 5MP camera on the N95 and I use it pretty regularly, which also makes me think I should have bought an N82 instead.

Every time I debate this in my head, I come to the conclusion that I made the right choice, but just barely.

You picked a high end nokia. Right choice.

I picked my e71 for it's full keyboard because i planned on mobile browsing and email and it was a smart move. Im posting on it now heh

I was going to get an n95 but i plan on a dslr so i skipped it lol

For lack of a better thread, I shall post it in this: just FYI, I upgraded the firmware of my E71 to the 200 version, and it seems to be a good improvement over the older firmware. The already fast menus are even faster, and browsing through the gallery is much smoother. The SE Asian version of the E71 did not have the quick contacts feature earlier, the new firmware has it. :)

Anybody else find themselves having the hack the product code to apply the new firmware update?

There's a certain batch of phones with this product code whom have been neglected from the update.

NAM version that is...

First thing I did was change my product code to get the new FW and debrand my phone... 559858 or some shit is the good one and mine was locked out :(

And I agree magneto, 200 seems SO much quicker.

So you've got an E71x?

How loaded down was it with all the AT&T crap?

att is carrying the e71?

I'm on edge between the e71 (unlocked) and the htc touch pro (fuze by att)

Stellar build quality, crappy keyboard unless you have chopstick fingers.

How big are you? I don't have a problem with the keyboard although it is rather compact

I think I will probably get it unlocked since I will be traveling abroad in fall 2010 - don't want to be stuck paying for at&t's terrible international plans when I can pick up a local carrier for the year.

So you've got an E71x?

How loaded down was it with all the AT&T crap?

Nope, e71 NAM (RM-357) on rogers. The rogers firmware was a godforsaken MESS.

The phone cost me 30 of my canadian dollars under 3 year contract (I'm damn well going to have service the rest of my life, so why the hell not? ) and my plan is something like... 70 monthly after everything, with EVERYTHING. :D

I love the keyboard. Very sexay. Get tons of compliments on it "Whoah, I wish my blackberry was that pretty :( "

Ohh gotcha. Yeah I've heard about the Rogers firmware.

Still wondering how bad the E71x's firmware is

Hey Omega,

Did you get locked out of rogers for doing that or, becuase I did that to my phone, and was wondering what the negative reprecussions would be. If you got locked out, how'd you get your phone back? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.

First thing I did was change my product code to get the new FW and debrand my phone... 559858 or some shit is the good one and mine was locked out :(

And I agree magneto, 200 seems SO much quicker.

Hey Omega,

Did you get locked out of rogers for doing that or, becuase I did that to my phone, and was wondering what the negative reprecussions would be. If you got locked out, how'd you get your phone back? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.

Didn't get locked out :S Everything has been absolute perfection. I've tethered it as a modem too. I've done everything that rogers cut me off from with no pains.

The e71x has FP2. The other versions have FP1, worldwide. This is the first instance of the same Nokia HW having different OS versions. Damn cool!

The e71x has FP2. The other versions have FP1, worldwide. This is the first instance of the same Nokia HW having different OS versions. Damn cool!

Fp2 can blow me :p it would make finding apps for this thing that much frigging harder. It's already replaced my laptop, my only issue is easy email access. The built in client is ok but not great and the battery life while whaling on 3g is shit at best (plan on charging every night if you use msn) it's got so much to it I find it impossible to not kill this thing, and its SOOOO PRETTY! lol
As

Fp2 can blow me :p it would make finding apps for this thing that much frigging harder. It's already replaced my laptop, my only issue is easy email access. The built in client is ok but not great and the battery life while whaling on 3g is shit at best (plan on charging every night if you use msn) it's got so much to it I find it impossible to not kill this thing, and its SOOOO PRETTY! lol
As

0mega, how are you getting push mail on yours? I can't push mail to mine using the native email client, need to connect every time I need to check my email.

Just thought i would add that opera mini is a hell of a lot more convenient to use than the nokia browser. Both are good, opera is just miles agead though 0_0 so much faster too.

So, if I drop $300 on this e71, can I use all of AT&T's or T-Mobile's services including 3G?

So, if I drop $300 on this e71, can I use all of AT&T's or T-Mobile's services including 3G?

GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
WCDMA 850 / WCDMA 1900

3G won't work on T-Mobile, but I believe you'd be good with AT&T.

I just bought an e71 from Newegg. I'll let my T-Mobile contract expire next month and then buy a 3G phone from AT&T. I'll sell the phone and use my e71 with the AT&T plan. :D

0mega, how are you getting push mail on yours? I can't push mail to mine using the native email client, need to connect every time I need to check my email.

Figured it out! Get nokia email! It's a seperate app <_< Push is working now ^_^

RANDOM QUESTION!

Anyone else get one on rogers? Does it have the brand logo on it? Mine doesn't :D

Back