• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

POST Your X2 3800+ OC TEMPS

aldy402

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
3,404
Just wanted to get an idea of what everybody's temps were

im running my x2 3800+ manchester @2.4 [1.4V]
SI-120 w/ CM 120mm silent fan
also replaced my dfi chipset cooler with a Evercool VC-re

AS5 always applied

cpu - 26-28C idle, 33-37C under full dual prime load
pwmic- always at around 42C
chipset always stays at 37C-38C (saw a 4-6 degree drop with the evercool vc-re)
 
running my x2 3800 1.4V @2.45ghz
lapped stock idle 35C, full load ~57C with the fan under load is 3800<>4200rpm
before lapping it was 60 with the fan at 4500rpm+ so lapping did help a bit :)

finally mounted my old P4 Spark7(lapped also), load temp now is 55C with the stock amd fan at 3200rpm, ambient is ~20C
 
2750 @ 1.5V
36C idle
50C load

Si 120 with TT Blue Adj fan

PS.....I can boot at 2.9 and run computer all day, but is not Prime stable
 
I'm using a XP90 with a 55CFM 92mm YS-Tech fan and get:

2.8Ghz@1.4v 32oC Idle and 52oC loaded & at 2.85Ghz@1.55v 32oC Idle and 60oC!
 
2.5Ghz
1.38v
38C idle
51C full load.

Using stock heatsink with a better fan.
The stock fan just blows. :D
 
2600 @ 1.40Vcore. 27C Idle 39-40C Full load, all on air with Coolermaster Hyper 6...
 
Gronich13 said:
I'm using a XP90 with a 55CFM 92mm YS-Tech fan and get:

2.8Ghz@1.4v 32oC Idle and 52oC loaded & at 2.85Ghz@1.55v 32oC Idle and 60oC!

wow im jealous, I have never seen anything go up to 2.8 with only 1.4v
your using 280x10?
 
Budwise said:
2600 @ 1.40Vcore. 27C Idle 39-40C Full load, all on air with Coolermaster Hyper 6...

very nice, if you ever want to sell your cpu, lmk
 
just got my 3800+ installed, and i'm at 2.5ghz at 47C full load right now, folding on both cores
 
Digital Viper-X- said:
X2 3800+ @ 2.5Ghz 1.4V
Zalman CPNS700-alcu
35~ish idle
45~ish load


thast cool i have the same heatsink hopefull i get nice temps like you do.

BTW not to hijack your thread but can yall post what core yall have?
 
SI-120 and 120mm panaflo, 70cfm.

high 22 idle, 34ish load, when its cold. when its ~77F in the room, 34ish idle and 42ish load

1.5v, 2.5ghz.
 
aldy402 said:


Hey your system is almost identical to mine. Your cpu should be able to go faster than that......I guess that is why you are selling it. Try these memory timings...2.5-3-3-5 give the memory about 2.8V

Edit - I just saw your for sale posting. You have a Manchester, maybe you could try for a Toledo X2 3800 they seem to clock better.
 
X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz, 1.5V

According to the DFI nF4 SLi-DR sensors... i'm idles at 23 deg and peaks around 33 deg with a recovery time back to idle (from load) of around 5 seconds.

Cooling... Storm.

P.S. how do I know if I have a Manchester or Toledo core? My default Vcore is 1.35V.. that's a Manchester right?
 
when I had my X2 3800+ running 2.5ghz with 1.47v:

With XP-90 + 92mm Fan
38-39 degrees idle
53-55 degrees load

With Corsair COOL WC
34 degrees idle
39-40 degrees load
 
I've got a 4400+ but my temps are around 35 C idle, 55 C load. Load is pretty much the hottest I've ever seen it, idle is pretty much the coldest - the temps in my dorm can swing depending on whether the air conditioner is behaving (or whether I've given up and opened the window). Running at 2.6 GHz and 1.4 V. 2.7 might be stable with less sane voltage, but I like how I can run the system pretty much silent at this speed - not absolutely silent, but certainly slient enough to be drowned out by ANY ambient noise.
 
aldy402 said:
wow im jealous, I have never seen anything go up to 2.8 with only 1.4v
your using 280x10?

Yes I'm using 280x10. Does seem to be a little gem! It is a rev JH-E6 (Toledo) - I have seen 5 or 6 which are getting into the 2.7 to 2.8Ghz range. I'm going to get a 74CFM fan and see if I can get a little more...
 
another update on mine, i'm running 2.6ghz now at 53C@full load... i can run 2.7ghz, but folding makes things unhappy, i'm really considering going the peltier route again...
 
My 3800+ is clocked now @ 2.5 GHz (250X10) with slightly below 1.5 V (1.488 usually) and it idles from 29-34C depending on my room temp and loads to 45-50C (although I usually keep it cold enough to keep it below 50) I have a XP-120 HS and a 120 MM evercool fan that pushes 80 cfm at less tahn 25 db in an Antec P180 case =)
 
Back
Top