Post Your Workstations 2021

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
Happy New Year!! Guess I'm going for the Triple Crown of consecutive new year workstation threads. :smug:

1628372938711.jpeg

Last edited:
I just have to comment that it's sad how this has died out. I remember threads back in the day being 50 to 100 or more pages of workstations over the years.
Problem is a lot of these platforms have moved to FB or Reddit in the last 5 years.

Also, a lot of us have had priorities change/lifestyle changes and can't keep what we had at one point in our lives.

Just got my new setup up and going. Gonna have to play with the fan control, but its full tilt atm. Really kind of sad I cannot seem to find a new gpu. I sold my 2080ti, figured I'd get a 3080, or the RX 6800xt. Now I'm rocking my old Vega 64 JOY. At least I have a somewhat decent card to game with.

Last edited:
or sadly refresh cycles are longer due to how powerful components are these days

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on that 48" LG CX (or the newer C1), but still am a bit unsure. How close are you sitting to yours? Any discomfort in your neck from looking up all the time?

i don't have any discomfort at all. I have a deeper desk (almost 40") so that helps. I'm about three feet away from the screen unless I lean back from time to time. I'm also a tall guy so my head is almost at the same height of the screen so not looking up much at all. I have zero regrets about my purchase.

i don't have any discomfort at all. I have a deeper desk (almost 40") so that helps. I'm about three feet away from the screen unless I lean back from time to time. I'm also a tall guy so my head is almost at the same height of the screen so not looking up much at all. I have zero regrets about my purchase.
Nice! Thanks, man!

My desk for the near-end of 2021. During the day, the MacBook is swapped for a Lenovo laptop for work. There is a docking hub tucked at the rear of the desk, so it’s “one wire to rule them all” pretty much. Wiring management is on my list of many things to do.

Attachments

• 3451ABE6-DD64-45A0-9348-D071F1B6263A.jpeg
    3451ABE6-DD64-45A0-9348-D071F1B6263A.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 0
A reminder for me to get some actually good photos of the setup sometime, heh

AiO is an H115i XT with pumpblock cover sanded down in several steps, vinyl sticker from a local artist friend applied, and sticker outlined with BLK3.0 paint for contrast. Rest of specs in sig.

GGS-H-01.jpg

GGS-H-02.jpg

GGS-H-03.jpg

Last edited:
Switched out the Lian Li SL120 fans for the AL120 fans and they look a lot better. Moving the GSkill ram to another machine this weekend as I don't like the aesthetics of the memory.
View attachment 422387
Good to know about the AL120 fans. I'm upgrading my case and a few other components, including the fans. I bought two 3-packs of the AL120 instead of the SL120. Looks like I made the right choice.

Good to know about the AL120 fans. I'm upgrading my case and a few other components, including the fans. I bought two 3-packs of the AL120 instead of the SL120. Looks like I made the right choice.
I really like the SL120 fans, but the AL120's are just nicer IMO. My only issue is they don't seem to make a 140mm fan in the AL lineup. At least I couldn't find one. I like to have that as an exhaust, but the 120mm is doing fine.

Got my back up system put together over the holiday. First time using the new Corsair airflow series case (4000D). I'm happy how it turned out. Couldn't use the "cable" bar due to the Z490 Xtreme being larger than your normal ATX board.

Attachments

• 12-26-21.jpg
    12-26-21.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
Back