Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC1.jpg

another "better" photo

I love how you quote 'better' as if being sarcastic. Full pictures of the area instead of a stylized artistic type post is easier on the eyes and what the thread is about :p But then again, looking at your chair or anything else in that room I would fully expect the poster to try and be artistic of their workstation picture..I guess!

Computer Engineering, but thinking of possibly switching to pure EE...not sure yet :)

Endless homework! And yup, D7k, NuForce Icon HDP

Absolutely the best cheap lamp ever!
Nice, I am an EE right now. But my gawd is it hard, not really understanding it and Im in the beginning stages. Getting a little scared. :(

Here's my humble workstation at my gf's place.

wrkstation.jpg

I made the desk myself using a vintage sewing machine from mid 50's as a base. Laptop is hidden in a ventilated drawer. Not so much high performance workstation, but it gets the job done ;)

(very) long time lurker, 3rd or 4th time poster.

We took a few pictures of the house last night, thought I'd share.

I work from home 4 days a week so this is my workstation, 2nd floor office -

dsc00135ege.jpg

dsc00121gt.jpg

Equipment rack in the basement with NAS, small multi-purpose server, switches etc.

dsc00162vf.jpg

dsc00164lx.jpg

dsc00165pg.jpg

I guess this would be my break room? Kitchen & Great Room

dsc00157cb.jpg

Living room

dsc00187y.jpg

Garage

dsc00169ou.jpg

Single string of Christmas lights I had time to put up

dsc00170ia.jpg

I've seen some pretty awesome (and crazy) setups around [H]! Nice work guys.

Here's my humble workstation at my gf's place.

snip

I made the desk myself using a vintage sewing machine from mid 50's as a base. Laptop is hidden in a ventilated drawer. Not so much high performance workstation, but it gets the job done ;)

well yeah youre not gonna get enough wattage out of that foot pedal to power a high performance rig. :p

Love the setup MarkDaGeek, makes me wish basements were more common here in DFW. I would love to have a separate room from my home office to have all the networking and NAS to sit.

(very) long time lurker, 3rd or 4th time poster.

We took a few pictures of the house last night, thought I'd share.

I work from home 4 days a week so this is my workstation, 2nd floor office -

dsc00135ege.jpg

Snip...

Is that... Is that an ACER?!

HOW DARE YOU SULLY THIS THREAD WITH AN ACER.

Is that... Is that an ACER?!

HOW DARE YOU SULLY THIS THREAD WITH AN ACER.

Yeah... It's a bit embarrassing. In fact (and this will probably get me banned entirely) I'm not a PC gamer at all, so I guess it works for what I use it for. I did get it for free from work, still, it's less than a year old and already the DVD burner has stopped working. So Acer quality definitely hasn't changed over the years.

And yeah.. CCNA textbook. That book is probably 7 years old. I am CCNA certified (among other things), network support engineer for a cable company.

I don't PC game either, so don't feel bad. My tower is a linux server box that gets used for a variety of things.

I'm working on the room and my workstation as a whole, but here's the latest shot:

SAM_1105.jpg

Yeah... It's a bit embarrassing. In fact (and this will probably get me banned entirely) I'm not a PC gamer at all, so I guess it works for what I use it for. I did get it for free from work, still, it's less than a year old and already the DVD burner has stopped working. So Acer quality definitely hasn't changed over the years.

And yeah.. CCNA textbook. That book is probably 7 years old. I am CCNA certified (among other things), network support engineer for a cable company.

i have an acer laptop that i bought for $200 used about 3 years ago. it has lasted me through many trips, moves, going to and from class, etc. it is thinner, lighter, and the battery last longer (~4-6 hours) than any of my friends' laptops. i LOVE it and hate that i have to get rid of it due to the core2solo really showing its age. :/ no complaints quality-wise.

I don't PC game either, so don't feel bad. My tower is a linux server box that gets used for a variety of things.

I'm working on the room and my workstation as a whole, but here's the latest shot:

snip

nice chair. :)

nice chair. :)

I found one of those Aerons in the trash. The cylinder had fallen out of the bottom. One metal washer drilled and sliced fixed it and I am up one $700 office chair. It is missing the lumbar pillow so if I wanted to complete it.. Like $150 on top of the cost of a washer.

I found one of those Aerons in the trash. The cylinder had fallen out of the bottom. One metal washer drilled and sliced fixed it and I am up one $700 office chair. It is missing the lumbar pillow so if I wanted to complete it.. Like $150 on top of the cost of a washer.

nice find! my best is a 30" monitor with a bad chip that i reflowed and used for 2+ years. then i had to buy a $150 replacement part cuz i kept having to fix it every couple months. the aerons are great, i used to have one at work before i got moved. :(

My aeron was a gift from someone who couldnt fit it into their car when they were moving - at the time I was like, yeah cool, it looks neat with the mesh and all so I took it.

I later learned I was given a throne of computing.

I'm looking at carpeting options for my work area and trying to thing of a good paint scheme that will work with the built-in bookshelves behind my desk as well.

Was thinking light blue and some shade of brown. Primary color needs to be light though due to the lack of natural light in the room.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039346979 said:
Nice setup!

Cool ASV shorty lever bro. What you ride?

I ride a zx10r...
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4449/zx10inhouse.jpg

Heh actually that's my fiancee's bike in the background but I also want some ASV levers for my '07 gsxr 600 like he has on his '08 gsxr 1000.

Nice bike you got there! I could never get a totally black bike though...way too many close calls with just a blue and white bike lol.

http://ashfoot.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Portland-International-Raceway/MotoCorsa-July-19th-2011/i-5bcCm9n/0/X2/IMG_3409-2_wm-X2.jpg

One last shot before we round out the year, got some new things. Might as well show them.
243044_4175540867674_1182427208_o.jpg

Here's my current setup, looking for a CRT monitor for the right for the old gaming machine and just rearranged so new cable management is also in the works.

photo3.jpg

Sorry for the craptacular iPhone pic, will use the SLR once it's all prettied up.

How do you get by with only 3 keyboards? :D

LOL. It's a hardship, I was thinking of adding 2 more for symmetry... ;)

I have synergy on the linux box, but not the win98 box, I really need to consolidate and clean off the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back