Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep...

IMG_0157.jpg

these boxes are for showing off toy cars.. I found them at the container store and they work so well for old video cards.. the lucite stands bought at the same place... I had to monkey with the stands for some of the cards to sit right but it came out ok.. :)

Very nice gallery of video cards.

My room, or "workstation" I am 14, so it's all I can afford till I get a job.
DSCF6245.jpg

Case mod I finally started working on.
DSCF6246.jpg

Work desk.
DSCF6247.jpg

My dad works at our local road commission, and he brought it home a few years ago. It must have came out of an old plow truck or something.

My room, or "workstation" I am 14, so it's all I can afford till I get a job.
DSCF6245.jpg

Case mod I finally started working on.
DSCF6246.jpg

Work desk.
DSCF6247.jpg

we all remember our first builds, just save up and one day you'll have your dream machine.

At home I use three. One WHS Server, a main rig and a secondary. The purpose for the server is self explanatory. The main rig is used for day to day stuff, work from home stuff and is also my gaming PC. the secondary rig has some VMs and is the one I use for testing hard drives, saving data prior to doing fresh OS installs on other people's PCs. And if my main rig takes a dump (rarely happens), the secondary becomes my primary.

At work I use two. The main one is the network attached one. The other I use for equipment software installs.

At home I use three. One WHS Server, a main rig and a secondary. The purpose for the server is self explanatory. The main rig is used for day to day stuff, work from home stuff and is also my gaming PC. the secondary rig has some VMs and is the one I use for testing hard drives, saving data prior to doing fresh OS installs on other people's PCs. And if my main rig takes a dump (rarely happens), the secondary becomes my primary.

At work I use two. The main one is the network attached one. The other I use for equipment software installs.

File server
School laptop
Main rig
Wife's laptop

I use two machines at home. One is my linux server, the other is my work laptop.
I'm a linux guy, so even if im on a windows box I usually just remote to my nix machine.

I use my tablet for most everything else.

I need to take some better pictures but here's my current (in progress) setup:

ae6c756f6c0909991d7f61a2d34094dd.jpg

24" westinghouse monitor on the left, 20" westinghouse on the right. Soon to be replaced if the Mrs makes good on the wishlist.

Server is some collection of parts in a CM HAF. It's a file/media/remote access server mainly.

The monitors are used by my docked thinkpad when I'm working from home.

My office setup is similar but is 2x24" thinkvision monitors.

the warm glow of monitor radiation is awesome, they act as space heaters in teh winter, and the more the merrier!

You know, my apt is cold enough that we do spend most of our time in the office because it's the warmest room. I knew having a big file server had additional benefits, I can't wait to tell my gf...

I also do the file server/gaming machine/work laptop as separate machines. I like to keep all my different setups, OSes, and data groups separate. One goes down, I can keep going with the other two.

Plus it looks cool. I can feel like a spaceship captain in front of my 3 monitors.

what do you guys use multiple computers for? just curious

- Main rig
- File server (not currently active though)
- Mine craft/2000-2005 era LAN server
- Friend rig (not really Sig worthy, but my friends can play source games at my place, also mine craft and 2000-2005 era games)
- Laptop (it moves)

That's my current set up. Generally only two are ever up at a given time though.

what do you guys use multiple computers for? just curious

Main/gaming rig
HTPC/File Server/torrents (need to separate this and add a backup server at some point)
Laptop (portable, general surfing, digital art rig)
Wife's PC (very important lol)

adcsaf.jpg

long time lurker first time poster, hope you enjoy it :)

Last edited:
Lon what is on your back wall? the rectangular lights? we need better photos thats more than just a sliver of your room :D

Lon what is on your back wall? the rectangular lights? we need better photos thats more than just a sliver of your room :D

44.jpg

it's the window reflection, white tin frosted glass, semi-tranparent

another "better" photo
22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back