Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved into a new space. Forgive the crappy cell phone pics. Still getting things organized but its coming together.

20121022145708.jpg

20121022145719.jpg

Got a proper work area. Bringing in another 9' table for the other side of the room soon.
20121022145733.jpg

Stock room
20121017182529.jpg

Cheap old Ikea shadow boxes and some acrylic paint to match. I have a couple of other motherboards and video cards in other parts of the room in the same fashion. Always fun to remember to the most powerful hardware you used to crave ;)

yep...

IMG_0157.jpg

these boxes are for showing off toy cars.. I found them at the container store and they work so well for old video cards.. the lucite stands bought at the same place... I had to monkey with the stands for some of the cards to sit right but it came out ok.. :)

Nice. I have a bunch of matchbox cars in a similar case. I never thought to try with old hardware.

Eventually i just stopped selling old hardware. I love looking back at my 3DFx Voodoo 1 card and my Power VR card, old P2 or P Pro. I could care less about the mouse pad money you could get back from these Gawds of the old guard. Just fun to look and remember.

So many boards, cpus and video cards. So much money. Whenever I go to my parents house I manage to find something bad ass. Found my old MSI 694D the other day, oh yeah, overclocking the dual coppermines.

Last edited:
yep...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/r3v3nant/PC MISC/IMG_0157.jpg

these boxes are for showing off toy cars.. I found them at the container store and they work so well for old video cards.. the lucite stands bought at the same place... I had to monkey with the stands for some of the cards to sit right but it came out ok.. :)

Is middle right the Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4600 Golden Sample? Oh, how I lusted for that card.

Top left, is that the venerable Geforce 3 64MB (non-TI)? Either it is, or I had a Geforce 3 that looked identical. The heatsink was so small and pathetic - it was seriously like a piece of sheetmetal with holes in the edges folded upwards. I replaced it with a northbridge heatsink from a Dell socket 478 mobo, took a PCI modem and cut the contactors off of the connector so it was just bare PCB material, then cut it apart and attached an 80mm fan, and put it a few slots down, so I could overclock the Geforce 3 better. After I boughy my X2 3800+ and my Geforce 7600GS, my brother went on to get a couple more years with the Geforce 3.

That's a great collection. I never bothered to keep my cards, because I had a motley selection - Geforce 2 MX 400, Geforce 3, Geforce 7600GS, Radeon X1300 Pro - all midrange or low-end cards. The first high-end card I bought was a HD 5850, and I sold it to buy my HD 6950. I did keep most of my old CPUs, though, and I've been meaning to put together a display like that.

Is middle right the Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4600 Golden Sample? Oh, how I lusted for that card.

Top left, is that the venerable Geforce 3 64MB (non-TI)? Either it is, or I had a Geforce 3 that looked identical. The heatsink was so small and pathetic - it was seriously like a piece of sheetmetal with holes in the edges folded upwards. I replaced it with a northbridge heatsink from a Dell socket 478 mobo, took a PCI modem and cut the contactors off of the connector so it was just bare PCB material, then cut it apart and attached an 80mm fan, and put it a few slots down, so I could overclock the Geforce 3 better. After I boughy my X2 3800+ and my Geforce 7600GS, my brother went on to get a couple more years with the Geforce 3.

That's a great collection. I never bothered to keep my cards, because I had a motley selection - Geforce 2 MX 400, Geforce 3, Geforce 7600GS, Radeon X1300 Pro - all midrange or low-end cards. The first high-end card I bought was a HD 5850, and I sold it to buy my HD 6950. I did keep most of my old CPUs, though, and I've been meaning to put together a display like that.

Yes -- a lot of these I got on ebay and from other members over the last few years.. I love how the older cards looked with their different heat sinks and color schemes... lots of good memories, and yes, I drooled over many of them. The GF3 is a chaintech ti200 128mb... I recently got a pixel view fx5800 to add to the lot... not that the fx series were great, but they had some fun looking designs. lol. I have a stash of 3DFX cards also... I need more room to get them on display. Maybe the next house will have a basement I can make a real man cave in. ;)

My actual lineage for all in one 3D cards I went from a TNT to a TNT2, then had a Geforce2 GTS, and then went right to a 9700pro... then 6800 APG, then SLI'd pci-e 6800GTs and that's when I started upgrading with every new generation.. and went dual GPU for gaming..

Daimm I see a Leadtek Winfast Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB version card there....so many memories with that card still have 2 of them lying around, a 64MB version and a dead 128MB version.

Daimm I see a Leadtek Winfast Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB version card there....so many memories with that card still have 2 of them lying around, a 64MB version and a dead 128MB version.

haha,,,, yeah I that card for a while last summer on an Abit AA8XE... runs like a champ still... well, for anything based on the quake3 engine. ;)

haha,,,, yeah I that card for a while last summer on an Abit AA8XE... runs like a champ still... well, for anything based on the quake3 engine. ;)

A good idea....

I'm going to rip out the Leadtek's this upcoming week or so, going to build a classic pre 2003 gaming rip, might put together some of the best components from back then Asus P4800P Deluxe or SE, a 2.8GHZ Pentium 4 478, heck got a 512MB stick of the tall LED Corsair Dominator XMS DDR1 modules.

Nice.. nice. I have some of those XMS PROs in my p4 rig... loved that stuff. used to oc to 250ish @ 2.5-3-3-7 I think...

You know, in the many years i've been on this fine forum, I don't think I have ever posted a pic of my "Workstation" area. Time to break the silence so to speak :p

It's far from glamorous and likely needs a tidy up (mostly off camera), but this is where I spend far too many hours :D
(sorry in advance for the crappy phone pics)

mc1ik.jpg

mc2a.jpg

Small media shelf with Bombermen guards
mc3w.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my setup... I was doing an eyefinity on 3 widescreen 24 inch monitors, and it was just way too wide for the desk.... Also I realized that I didn't much care for infinity gaming across three screens anyways.... just my nice samsung 27" 950D in the middle is sufficient... so to save on sanity and deskspace and my neck.... I went for the following setup:
lcds1.jpg

lcds2.jpg

so it is 2 x 17" 1280x1024 monitors, 1x 27" 1920x1080

Also I have my ikea desk, with the ikea LED lights that I installed myself onto the desk.

Grado SR-60/80's with Senn 414 pads?
Some closed AT- A700? headphone?
HD650?
Ceentrance amp/dac?

Hard to tell...

I was cleaning my camera and just took a photo without any thought.

Yes its a Grado SR80 with 414 pads. ATH-A900, and a HD650. I have a T-amp for the speakers and a TubeMagic D2 for the headphones.

Hey guys..it's been some time since i post my workstation here...I have done some cheaper updates like:

- Corsair Hydro H60;
- New Chair;
- Framed my Flake E Flames Poster;
- Finished my Objective2 Head Amp;

foruns.jpg

Hope you enjoy....

Hey guys..it's been some time since i post my workstation here...I have done some cheaper updates like:

- Corsair Hydro H60;
- New Chair;

Hope you enjoy....

Are they full up there, or already finished? :D

- Corsair Hydro H60;
- New Chair;

snip

Hope you enjoy....

Why do you have nine pairs of shoes? I own three. I've never understood the need for a lot of shoes.

Last edited:
Are they full up there, or already finished? :D

Already finished...eheh some day need to leave them on to recycle...for now its not a priority...:D

Why do you have nine pairs of shoes? I own three. I've never under the need for a lot of shoes.

AHAH i mostly use 2 of them...ones for casual and other ones for work...but i have a problem..normally when i bought shoes...i can't use them in that day or in weeks after...because seems that they not feet right!!!! so i bought them when i like...and use them randomly at home to give them some wear marks and form...:D:D

Just picked up a Dell U3011, to use as my main display. Using a Dell 2007FP on each side rotated in portrait for a total resolution of 4,960 x 1,600. Also using a LED strip on the back of the 30in (powered by a USB connection) to give off some ambient lighting for late night gaming sessions with the rest of the lights off in the home office. Currently have a piece of blue film over the LEDs to give off a blue glow.

7898425406_0ffe247817_b.jpg

To check out the build log to the PC on the right, hit up the following link.
Project Bright Panel: 800D, Liquid Cooled, Illuminated Mid Panel

very nice
and most beautiful of my
you can share your wallpaper XD

It is called Litewires 2, by Mossblaser. Here is a link to his DevainArt page where you can find his wallpapers for this type of monitor setup.

Hmm lets see; work shoes, casual shoes, other casual shoes, dress shoes, snowboard boots, steel toes, running shoes, slippers, and sandals. But those are more for function more than form. . . and yes they all get some use during the year depending on the season.

The joys of living around LA.

I posted this setup a few weeks ago:

After a trip to Ikea my office has evolved to this:

Apparently Ikea recommends not using four of the adjustable legs like I've done on my desk. It's not as solid as my jerker, but I may stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back