Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zarathustra[H];1038844311 said:
I have not yet had the opportunity to try a cherry Keyboard.

I have a feeling it's going to be a step down from a Model M, as you say.

If I had a steady supply of black keycaps I'd keep using it, but I don't want to wear out the last ones I can get.

The black keycaps were pad printed instead of the dye sublimation process used on the lighter colored ones and they wear fast :(

I could get some of the grey keycaps from Unicomp, but I just don't feel that would look right :(

Didn't they make clear caps? then you could stick a sticker underthere or something. Never worry about it again

Woah, I'm digging that setup!

What case is that?
What monitor bracket did you use and how sturdy is it?

The case is the XSPC H2 tower.
The bracket is the 002-0019 from easymountlcd.com (I bought it from ebay).
http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0019-002-0019.htm

It's very sturdy and well built considering it's low price. The displays do wobble a little if you bump them or the desk hard enough. I got the desk clamp version because I find it to be more secure than just a stand and it takes up very little desk space.

The case is the XSPC H2 tower.
The bracket is the 002-0019 from easymountlcd.com (I bought it from ebay).
http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0019-002-0019.htm

It's very sturdy and well built considering it's low price. The displays do wobble a little if you bump them or the desk hard enough. I got the desk clamp version because I find it to be more secure than just a stand and it takes up very little desk space.
I knew the case looked familiar. Great choice :cool:

Thanks for the link to the monitor stand! Their site has a dual monitor setup that seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Price is right too compared to some others that I was pricing out.

Your welcome. I was in the market for a triple stand and didn't feel like shelling out $300+.

diablo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is amazing, I love the seemless look with no bezels.

Are you able to switch from landscape to portrait mode? I like diablo in portrait mode personally.

So many nice setups you all have going. I really need to stop following this thread, coming down with workstation envy :eek:

very very cool with the three projectors.. I think this is the first time iv seen a set up like that.. VERY JELLY

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the three projectors. That is such a cool and unique design that I have yet to see anywhere else. Though, do you have issues with glare? It seems that (personally) every time I've gone to use a projector on either a wall or a whiteboard, the picture gets washed out because of natural lighting.

165880_3658459692652_35048055_n.jpg

My setup left to right on the picture is a Asus g74 laptop connected to a 27" samsung led lcd monitor. Then a Dell XPSM1730 connected to a Samsung 24 LCD monitor. I really need to clean up the cabling a lot but I am trying to get the layout fine tuned for me.

165880_3658459692652_35048055_n.jpg

My setup left to right on the picture is a Asus g74 laptop connected to a 27" samsung led lcd monitor. Then a Dell XPSM1730 connected to a Samsung 24 LCD monitor. I really need to clean up the cabling a lot but I am trying to get the layout fine tuned for me.

holy screens, thats alot of different things to look at xD

At the moment yes, but I just switched out my desk last night for this one, I´ll probably keep it like this until my monitor stand arrives.

T420 running a triple monitor setup with the ultra plus dock. Acer A200 tablet on the side.

Love the hardwood and the wood trim around the edges. Is your doorway also wood trimmed? Somewhat off topic I know, but my wife and I have been wanting to redo the whole house with hardwood floor and yours looks like "the shit." Curious about the doorway trim. :D

that looks wicked! such a nice design to the room. Whats the desk your using too?

Thanks! The desk is an IKEA Malm with the pull-out panel.

Love the hardwood and the wood trim around the edges. Is your doorway also wood trimmed? Somewhat off topic I know, but my wife and I have been wanting to redo the whole house with hardwood floor and yours looks like "the shit." Curious about the doorway trim. :D

Yes, almost the whole house is hardwood flored and wood trimmed, just the foyer, laundry room, bathroom and storage/server room have montauk graphite tiles.

Appriecate the comments guys!

My wife made me remove the Polk's from the living room a few months ago.

I just put them on my computer in the office :D

MikeTrike -- offtopic, :D but what is that little blue fella under your monitor?

Sorry to hear about the Polks lol they look like they want to be in a bigger space...

My wife made me remove the Polk's from the living room a few months ago.

I just put them on my computer in the office :D

I herd you like something...

Very cool. One day I'll take the Cerwin Vegas out of the basement and run them with my comp :D

MikeTrike -- offtopic, :D but what is that little blue fella under your monitor?

Sorry to hear about the Polks lol they look like they want to be in a bigger space...

It's my Dubkip for Baller Friday™

:D

And yes I know it's a mudkip. :)

It's a nice jump from my Klipsch 2.1's to the Polk's. She won't let me put them back in the living room because they are "too big" and don't look as pretty. Even though I think they are sexy as hell.

And my wife finished setting up our spare gaming rig and took a pic. :)

One of her nephews is coming up in a couple weeks to visit around my birthday. We're just going to play a bunch of games the whole time. :D

Thanks for the welcome. Long time fan, got lots of great info from this site over the past year or so. Decided it was high time I signed up shared my info and some fun pics. The silver thing you see goes with the whole setup lol, makes it that much better. To be honest I didn't even notice it till you brought it up.

Last edited:
T420 running a triple monitor setup with the ultra plus dock. Acer A200 tablet on the side.

[IG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7260/7429625428_ceb0e3469d_c.jpg[/IMG]

7429625300_5f431c6bd5_c.jpg

Do you have a link to that wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back