Post your Workstation 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just by looking at the picture I'm going to say it's a shelf he made so the monitors could sit on it behind his desk.

computer7.jpg

computer8.jpg

Oh, didn't know they came in black. Only thing I can find on IKEA's website is birch and white.

<want>

It's actually not black, it's a VERY VERY dark brown. Looks almost black though even in person.

STILL WANT!

Can't find on IKEA site though - prolly not in store :(

The problem wasn't finding "GALANT" - it was finding THAT Galant.

Too many fucking choices - like rounded right, etc. etc.

Looks like you found it though - those pictures aren't representative of what he has though, probably why i was having trouble.

Yeah, the Galant is very customizable. Many people just buy the corner option that they want, and then get two standard extensions. Im actually running an extension on both sides, but not the rounded end pieces. The cabinet under my desk is discontinued and not made anymore.

Pretty slick man - thanks for the link

IKEA's pictures don't show that the left and right sides as very deep - your pics too. I like a very deep desk surface.

Ikea is weird in that one side is deeper than the other. Thats why they say Left and Right. The side mentioned (in my case, a left) is the deeper side. The right side of my desk is not as deep.

Sorry, "too" was supposed to be "do".

Yeah I kinda noticed they were a bit off, only thing that would make this better is both sides to be equal :)

I think I've made my decision tho..

Thanks!

Few small changes before I move to a new house in the coming months and get to refresh it all over again :). Future upgrades to include 2 new HP 24" IPS monitors on dual mount monitor arm. Mini Mac to feed one monitor input, PC to feed the other, KVM to switch between using both. Also webcam for use with family moving abroad.

P1000487.jpg

P1000488.jpg

P1000482.jpg

Last edited:
haloween.... u put ur pc inside the bottom cabinet... wont that affect the ventilation? hows the temp?

I doubt it'll affect ventilation THAT much unless he severely depended on side fans to keep things cool. I doubt that's the case, though.

haloween.... u put ur pc inside the bottom cabinet... wont that affect the ventilation? hows the temp?

The only intake is the front 140mm fan so temps are fine, there is a lot of clearance above the system and behind where the exhaust fans are. I will add one 120mm fan to the side for an extra intake and have considered a new desk for my new property so that can only help things further.

Current CPU temps are 28-33C idle and around 50C when under load. When stress testing at 100% utilisation overnight the highest it got to was 75C.

The Old
5066121325_fc3a4aa825_z.jpg

Recently upgraded from 2 5770s to 2 6870s
The New
5305137264_04d4f38219_z.jpg

Moved to new location.
Back View:
5451373149_08947e3658_z.jpg

5451372903_93b0e68d68_z.jpg

I need to work on cable management.
5451985178_dd64d05dfd_z.jpg

the wife kicked me downstairs. the desk took up too much space.
the basement could use a make over except I don't own the house.
We are renting a home while our house is being built. I will have a whole room to my self in the new house.

galaxie83, what gadgets are those on the far left of the left screen? cool wallpaper

Hey, I WISH I had a basement to call my Computer Room! Granted, i converted a spare bedroom in my house to an office, I wish I had the COLD temps for my PC. Id gladly take a half build basement! I would make the incomplete room a "theme" and find a way to make my PC look as "in process" as the basement... play some Euro Trance, add some mood lighting, and a go go dancer in the corner...

Eh? EH??

Hey, I WISH I had a basement to call my Computer Room! Granted, i converted a spare bedroom in my house to an office, I wish I had the COLD temps for my PC. Id gladly take a half build basement! I would make the incomplete room a "theme" and find a way to make my PC look as "in process" as the basement... play some Euro Trance, add some mood lighting, and a go go dancer in the corner...

Eh? EH??

Keep dreaming...:p

Eh? EH??

With gambling! And hookers!

Ok, here is the current home setup. When my new 8560w EliteBook comes in, I'm tossing the 8530w to the wife and the dv9000 to the curb, and swapping out for 3x24 HP LP2475w running 5760x1200. I've got that in the work office, but I don't have a pic handy. I struggle working at home with only 2 per... :)

It's the cheap desk Best Buy sold years ago, but I've managed to get by. All wires are in split-loom and secured with zip ties. Yes. I'm anal. Big surprise. :eek: This thread has given me some great ideas, and I think I'm gonna try to get creative with some Kee Lite next!

WP_000042.jpg

WP_000044.jpg

WP_000046.jpg

WP_000045.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back